Any Tips for using Brother Printer with Foiling?

Any Tips for using Brother Printer with Foiling?

Postby HappyCrafter » November 9th, 2013, 8:22 pm

I have been having fun doing a lot of foiling lately. But I have an issue with the Brother 2270 curling the side of the paper. I thought at first if I opened the back door that the paper would go straight out and not curl. But I discovered that it looks like the printer feeds the paper from the front upwards and curls around then sends straight through the printer to print.

What is happening to me is the edge of the paper that goes up and around first really curls up. I try and roll it up in the opposite direction to try and flatten it to no avail. The result is my cards are not laying or standing flat. They want to curl outward. This is very annoying.

For my cards I use 80# paper.

Is this happening to anyone else? If so do you have a solution that you would share?

Thank you.

Sharon
HappyCrafter

Re: Any Tips for using Brother Printer with Foiling?

Postby Gigi » November 9th, 2013, 9:47 pm

I don't have the exact same model (2280) but I feed it manually and don't have much curl at all - have you tried that? Mine lay totally flat and stand fine.

Maybe that will help?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby HappyCrafter » November 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Thanks Gigi for responding. No, I haven't tried feeding it manually. I did, however, look for a "slot" to be able to feed the paper manually. Didn't see one. I'll go take a look at the printer info and see if I can do that.
HappyCrafter

Postby Elizabeth » November 9th, 2013, 10:23 pm

The 2270 does have a door on the front that when flipped open will allow you to feed your cardstock manually. I do this all the time. It still curls a bit, but not enough to cause a problem. It flattens out when I run it through the FoilMaster in landscape orientation. (sideways, which is opposite to the way the printer curls it.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help