Suggestions for forum

Re: Suggestions for forum

Postby Thyme » May 18th, 2011, 3:39 pm

LJ Scrapper wrote:Oh well then if my wish is your command - how about that software huh! :mrgreen:

You will get time out at this rate, I have you over here being naughty and Suzan is just as bad in my BC forum :roll:
Thyme

Postby LisaH » May 18th, 2011, 4:16 pm

LJ Scrapper wrote:Oh well then if my wish is your command - how about that software huh! :mrgreen:

Lynda...you have kahunas!! :lol: Dawn is gonna get you!!!! :D
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby LJ Scrapper » May 18th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Well I do love to give her a hard time!! (But shhhh don't tell anyone - she is really a softie!) Now I will go to my corner and suck my thumb until the new you know what comes out!
Lynda

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn - Benjamin Franklin
LJ Scrapper

Postby Thyme » May 19th, 2011, 5:44 am

Now don't go letting out my secrets, I am horrible really!
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » May 20th, 2011, 8:53 am

Thyme wrote:Now don't go letting out my secrets, I am horrible really!

Yea like anyone is gonna believe that one. It was a nice try though honey.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Dana » May 20th, 2011, 8:57 am

Tyler wrote:
JeannetteC wrote:Tyler, it was Dana. Here's the MTC link where she mentions it. http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... m/#Item_48

Great - thanks, Jeannette!

Oh Cool!!! Somebody is using it!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby beanie21787 » May 22nd, 2011, 8:48 pm

Texas Sheri wrote:Is it possible to set it so that when viewing thread titles, by hovering the mouse over them, get a preview of the first line or two? They have that in some of the other forums and it is SO nice. Sometimes the thread titles are not very descriptive and with more and more forums to keep up with as well as new software and a new machine to learn, my time is sometimes eaten up with checking inside each thread to see if it's something I want to learn or something that doesn't really concern me.

this would be great
beanie21787

Cutter: lynx 12

Postby Tyler » May 23rd, 2011, 8:43 am

Texas Sheri wrote:Is it possible to set it so that when viewing thread titles, by hovering the mouse over them, get a preview of the first line or two? They have that in some of the other forums and it is SO nice. Sometimes the thread titles are not very descriptive and with more and more forums to keep up with as well as new software and a new machine to learn, my time is sometimes eaten up with checking inside each thread to see if it's something I want to learn or something that doesn't really concern me.

I will look into it and see what I can do.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby PennyDuncan » May 23rd, 2011, 12:35 pm

ROFL...Good one Lynda!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Texas Sheri » May 23rd, 2011, 10:21 pm

Tyler wrote:

I will look into it and see what I can do.

Yeah!!! Thanks Tyler.
===================
{pretend this is a cool animated .gif}

Sheri in Texas (as opposed to the ORIGINAL Sherri at That's Scrap]
The Grapevine Scrapper
Texas Sheri

Postby whizzy » August 27th, 2011, 8:12 pm

BUMPING THIS ONE :)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby Thyme » August 28th, 2011, 4:03 am

I don't think so
Thyme

Postby dgue » August 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm

I just go betweent them both but if we are getting all this wonder fully stuff over here what about sendding some of the support table legs (ha ha) tyler waitng on that lovely metal should be in the mail today to bad class starts tonight have class monday and tuesday .. by the way on my SCal 3 I can not get the layers folder to open should I just re down load the softwaare I am on a mac I am learning the inkscape with signcut and go between both for differnt things
dgue

Postby Phyllis » August 29th, 2011, 2:01 pm

dgue, on SCAL 3 (I'm on a mac also) go to the menu bar and choose Windows, then choose Layers and it will come up.

Edited to add: You probably already know this ... is it just not opening when you click on it?
Phyllis

Postby dgue » August 30th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Phyllis when I click on the layers button on the top of the screen nothing opens like it does in scal 2 . manybe I am doing it wrong. or it is differnt but I will see on Wed. Tyler I did get the stuff and it looks great just cant tryit out yet the beads look awsome cant wait to try thosse out they are so small.
dgue

Postby Tyler » August 30th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Good - glad you got it! They are small! I suggest using a white background/piece of paper and clean table when you do it. Do one color at a time and when you are done with that color, you can use the paper underneath as a funnel to scoop up the beads that are not used. If you do it that way, they will last for quite some time! It may be useful to have some good tweezers there as well!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Phyllis » August 30th, 2011, 9:53 pm

dgue, is it possible that the layers window is hiding behind the shapes and/or font windows. That is one thing that bugs me on a Mac is the way it places the windows on top of one another. Just a thought. I know I've had to pull mine out from behind the shapes or font windows before.
Phyllis

Postby dgue » September 1st, 2011, 12:25 pm

thanks I found it it finally worked last night . thanks for the hint tyler. I am making a card for a new baby in the family anf used the lasor printer on the clear sheet last night looking oggod but then had the trouble with the usb port so I amd ordering the keyspan I am stuck for now I will sow you all how it turns out.
dgue

Postby Retta » September 1st, 2011, 1:11 pm

Can't wait to see.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help