Cutter Calibration, Print and Cut, and Knife Point Cutting

Re: Cutter Calibration, Print and Cut, and Knife Point Cutti

Postby Tyler » August 15th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Can you do normal cuts, just to make sure your computer settings are correct to begin with?
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby newbiecat » August 23rd, 2011, 3:45 am

Hello

Trying to watch the videos above - when I click on the link I get an Adobe Connect screen asking for login. Do I have to register with this too to be able to watch these or is there something odd happening with the link

Thanks - need all the help I can get trying to sort this bit out

Pandora
newbiecat

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » August 23rd, 2011, 3:49 pm

Hi Pandora,

Try it again and let me know if you are still having problems. I think it should be working now.
Tyler

Postby Dana » August 28th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Tyler... since I got a new computer and reloaded MTC 3.3.3 (using Lynx) and I got a new click holder I am wanting to set up my Print N Cut.

But when doing outline shapes, it shows the outlines on the mat but not on the print preview. How do I get it to show that correctly so I can see my print lines. I've attached photos. Thanks!
11.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby Elsa » August 28th, 2011, 2:04 pm

I'm not Tyler ;) but, to show the outlines when you are printing, go to print options and check "Print Shape Outlines".
That option was moved in 3.3.3.
Good Luck!
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Postby SBryanW » August 28th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Dana, In MTC 3.3.3 there is a new options for printing outlines. I think that for what you want to do, you want to check "Print Shape Outlines" under File Ā» Print Options...

[edited: Elsa beat me to it...]
SBryanW

Postby Dana » August 28th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Oh Thank you Elsa and Bryan!!!!!! That worked. See what happens when you don't get to craft.... You miss out on all the useful information!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby Tyler » August 30th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Thanks for answering that!
Tyler

Postby colleen » August 31st, 2011, 5:16 pm

Hi Penny Duncan Just made a "You Tube" video how to calibrate for a Print and Cut. Between Tyler's and and Penny's video, I have learned a lot. I do have a question though. I am using MTC with KNK plug in and Tylers video says to choose KNK MAXX for the model and Penny's video says to choose the Groove E. What is the difference?

THANK YOU PENNY AND TYLER YOU BOTH ARE AWESOME TEACHERS AND I APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU PUT INTO THE VIDEOS TO TEACH SLOW VISUAL LEARNERS LIKE ME.
colleen

Cutter: 13 in. Cougar MTC/SCAL

Postby PennyDuncan » August 31st, 2011, 9:40 pm

I would go with what Tyler shared....he's our expert!! LOL but I did get it to work with the E...LOL Thanks you so much...you're a sweetie!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Tyler » September 1st, 2011, 11:24 pm

Either would probably work fine!
Tyler

Postby Meykillian » July 19th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Is there another way to be able to watch these videos cause every time I try to watch them with the links provided the website shows me this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*Mey Killian*
Meykillian

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2014, 6:00 pm

These videos were done a long time ago for the Cougar machine. The information in the SB Learning Center is much more updated and detailed. If you need anything else, let us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Meykillian » July 19th, 2014, 6:12 pm

The thing is... I've been wanting to use print n cut feature with the silver bullet and the make the cut software (cause I personally like that software more...), and I haven't found anybody that can tell me how to calibrate and use this feature properly with the machine and this specific program... I bought this machine to use it with MTC program, but I don't know what the deal is that everybody keeps pointing me out to use the sure cuts a lot one, I simply don't want to use that one! So if someone that has this machine and knows how can I use it with MAKE THE CUT software, please help me out!
*Mey Killian*
Meykillian

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2014, 9:37 pm

The reason that everyone points you to the SCAL software is that is the software that is bundled with this machine. It has the drivers that work with the Silver Bullet where MTC does not. We have plenty of users who use MTC, but the Silver Bullet will not cut as well with that software as it does with SCAL for the driver compatibility alone. Just as there are other machines that come bundled with MTC, our machines are bundled with SCAL. You will get the best cutting results and the most accurate print and cut results using SCAL(stated many times by those who have compared both) because of the designated driver, but you can certainly use whatever you wish and I believe you choose the KNK Groove or Maxx to get the closest compatibility and follow the on screen directions to calibrate - but sure others who have done that give you better instructions.

I wish you the best and I am sure that those using MTC will be happy to help you through the process.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » July 20th, 2014, 7:01 am

Try this link to a YouTube video by ScrappyDew (this is a link to video 1 so there is a part 2 you will need as well-it should show up in the feed) it uses the Black Cat Cougar but will have the same steps with the Silver Bullet.

http://youtu.be/-rpRAP-cmog
LisaH

Postby Meykillian » July 20th, 2014, 9:24 am

Thank you! ;)
*Mey Killian*
Meykillian

Postby LisaH » July 20th, 2014, 9:32 am

You're welcome. ;)
LisaH

Postby MeFlick » July 20th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Meykillian - While I don't have the SB (haven't seen the need to upgrade my Cougar which works fine), I do use MTC with my Cougar and have done perfect cutting and "print and cuts" with MTC and my Cougar for years now. It is no different really with the SB then with the Cougar. Please feel free to contact me if you need further help. I am MeFlick on both this forum and the MTC forum (as well as other forums that I occasionally participate on for cutters). I am more "out" then "in" right now on the forums however due to some family needs so send me a PM from here or there if you need me and I will try to get to you ASAP.

When using MTC with the SB and the Cougars, you use the Maxx driver and set your baud rate to what it is on your machine. The primary key to doing a perfect "print and cut" is to do your calibration first - once you have your X and Y offset numbers figured out correctly, you should be good to go.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Meykillian » July 20th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Thank you so much! I'm gonna try today... If I need further assistance I'll contact you! ;)
*Mey Killian*
Meykillian

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help