New to forum

New to forum

Postby jclayton0320 » April 10th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Hello everyone! I just bought a black cat cougar 15" yesterday and I am so excited! I have never owned a machine like this. I am trying to find somethings to monogram like round acrylic keychains, tumblers, and really anything. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to know where to purchase these items at a good price. I also need to know where to buy transfer paper. Thanks so much!!!
jclayton0320

Cutter: Black cat cougar

Re: New to forum

Postby Thyme » April 10th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Hi Jennee, welcome to the forum.
I'll let the others answer your questions as I am in the UK
Thyme

Postby kim » April 10th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Welcome Jennee!! And congrats on your new kitty! You will find this forum is a great place to sit and chat and to get help/ideas on not just your BC, but anything else too! I have gotten tumblers from shares on the MTC forum (which I think the tumblers were ordered from Silk something) and the dollar stores. The dollar stores are a great place to get things. Transfer tape I usually get from Sign Warehouse or H&H sign supply. I like the clear tape!!! I think it is a little more expensive, but well worth it. I have the other that looks like masking tape, but it is so difficult to see through and get things lined up.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby rachellann » April 10th, 2012, 3:03 pm

kim wrote:Welcome Jennee!! And congrats on your new kitty! You will find this forum is a great place to sit and chat and to get help/ideas on not just your BC, but anything else too! I have gotten tumblers from shares on the MTC forum (which I think the tumblers were ordered from Silk something) and the dollar stores. The dollar stores are a great place to get things. Transfer tape I usually get from Sign Warehouse or H&H sign supply. I like the clear tape!!! I think it is a little more expensive, but well worth it. I have the other that looks like masking tape, but it is so difficult to see through and get things lined up.

Welcome
Also another place to purchase vinyl and other cutting materials would be uscutters and also check out All That Jazz Supplies a link to Tylers store at the top of the forum. A thing to think about is to get to know your machine and know how it feels before getting into orders that need to be done yesterday. Learning the right setting for material types does take some practice. you will get to know and love your machine but if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » April 10th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Hi and welcome Jennee!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » April 10th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Welcome Jennee!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kim » April 10th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Thanks Rachellann for reminding me that Tyler has vinyl. Often I buy the whole roll, but every once in a while, I just need a sheet. :D
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Retta » April 10th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Jennee - glad to have you here. Hope you have as much fun as we do!!! These machines are so much fun!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » April 10th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Hello and welcome! Congrats on your new Cougar.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kate3 » April 11th, 2012, 12:09 am

Welcome Jennee! You will find your answers here, just ask. I am not much help in Australia but I can tell you everything you need is where you are. I often buy from there what I can't get here. That is I am assuming you are in the USA.
kate3

Postby jclayton0320 » April 11th, 2012, 8:03 am

Does anyone know where to get Acrylic Keychains?
jclayton0320

Cutter: Black cat cougar

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Jennee -

I am pretty sure you can buy the keychain part at any craft store, but the acrylic part you can from Tyler at All that Jazz Supplies (tab on the top of the forum). He carries the perfect weight acrylic that the Cougar CAN cut in any shape that you want and then you could customize the design to the recipient. Hope that helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help