CorelDraw Question

Re: CorelDraw Question

Postby kim » April 10th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I'm slow on the inkscape, but I was looking for a easy way to get to one of my .ai files that I got for free. I was able to do it in the Corel Draw. I didn't want to spend any time learning it, just wanted to do it. Well, I was able to quickly figure it out. I did run into problems the next day, but that turned out to be my problem (reason for the original post). I will probably have some other issues, but I feel like this program is the most user friendly out of the three (AI, Ink and CD) that I know of.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kate3 » April 11th, 2012, 12:26 am

I really like Inkscape and I don't mind MTC but I still think in Inkscape. I think Suzan is right and you do think in the one you learn first. I will never stop learning Inkscape though. Just when I think I have it I find a whole other world in there. It isn't easy and unless I practice something I learn a few times I forget it again but I still love it.

Uh Gigi, yes, it took me a little while to realize no matter how much I learned I wouldn't become Ducky. I am artistic in several areas but not in any computer software. I need a paintbrush or a pencil in my hand. My brain does not relate that way to software. Can't even get it with a Wacom tablet because it feels so weird. That is why we have Ducky and the others who make me nice files. Just for me. :ROFLMBO: :hide: :?
kate3

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2012, 1:26 am

LOL Kate - and for me too!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kate3 » April 11th, 2012, 2:27 am

CAGigi wrote:LOL Kate - and for me too!!

Oh okay, for you too. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I can imagine Ducky's face if she read she only makes them for me. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: She would be very surprised. Much better if she only makes them for two of us. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2012, 10:24 am

Sort of like a private showing??

I think we have to share her talent with others though....... darn it all!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » April 11th, 2012, 10:35 am

CAGigi wrote:Sort of like a private showing??

I think we have to share her talent with others though....... darn it all!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

What??? Share with everyone? :shock: Darn it! :hide: I guess it wouldn't be Ducky if she didn't. :ROFLMBO: You know I would buy her moose file if we had moose here. I can't relate it to anything I scrap.
I really wish she would put her Hawaiian card up for sale as I never did find that mickey. I think I found it in the last hunt we just did. Oh and her calendar series, I kept forgetting to go there and I have March and I think June. Not much of a calendar with 2 months. These all need to go on sale again and out of the archives.
kate3

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Kate -

She is in the process of converting her files to cut even better (cleaner - if that's possible) and they will all be on Tyler's site in time. So there is a LOT for you to look forward to!!

And yes, Ducky is a giver and we have to let her share!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby meme » June 4th, 2012, 9:31 pm

CAGigi wrote:Do you mean export to Inkscape? You can just select save as and choose svg. Then you can open it in Inkscape. If that isn't what you meant lmk and I will try again!

Thanks! I am trying to learn Corel Draw; not so great yet but thanks on the export to Inskscape. I had no idea and would love to see a Corel Draw video on here; seems easier to learn for people on this forum. Thanks again!!!
meme

Postby Gigi » June 4th, 2012, 9:40 pm

You are welcome Kim. Happy to help however I can. I am still a newbie with it but slowly getting better.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby meme » June 10th, 2012, 8:10 pm

CAGigi wrote:Do you mean export to Inkscape? You can just select save as and choose svg. Then you can open it in Inkscape. If that isn't what you meant lmk and I will try again!

Thank you very much!! Trying to learn Corel Draw and Inkscape; hopefully I will learn soon. I am better with a pencil. :banghead:
meme

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help