Guides

Guides

Postby tietjecreative » March 27th, 2012, 4:26 pm

I mostly use my Cougar to cut vinyl. Is there anyone who can help figure how to keep it straight when it feeds. It always tends to wander a little to the left when cutting, even when it starts out straight... It aggravates the fire out of me! I am also trying to figure out a holder for my large rolls of vinyl. :)
tietjecreative

Re: Guides

Postby Tyler » March 27th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Use the ruler on the machine as a marker. Feed the vinyl forward and back over several feet to make sure it is strait - you can adjust it as needed.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Dana » March 28th, 2012, 4:26 pm

tape something on the left hand side of the cougar like a ruler and hopefully it will keep your vinyl straight.
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby kim » March 29th, 2012, 10:38 am

I do what Tyler suggested. I can't draw or see a straight line to save my life. My vinyl has grids on the back and I try to cut it so that my I always cut it almost straight that way my perception of feeding the vinyl into the machine isn't skewed. :D One vinyl roll doesn't have the grid so I am getting better of eyeballing it to where I don't cut it too crooked. But running it back and forth and looking at the measuring grid on the machine helps alot to see if it is drifting to the left or right.

I bought a media tray from Signwarehouse that I use to put my roll of vinyl on and it will roll while feeding the vinly into the machine. http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-SE-ES-ENDURATRAY.html
There is probably something like that you could rig up, but I'm not creative into making up something so bought this instead.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Suzan » March 29th, 2012, 10:53 am

Another thing I just thought of. If you can pull some of the vinyl out of the roll so it isn't pulling to tightly as it feeds will also probably help.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help