I Need Some HELP!! RESOLVED

I Need Some HELP!! RESOLVED

Postby HappyCrafter » February 19th, 2012, 10:37 pm

What might cause my mat to slip under the rollers? I am trying to cut 110 lb paper with a 60º blade in the red click blade holder. Setting the blade height with the plastic disc. Force is 135, I slowed the V way down, thinking that might be it. I slowed it to 100. I am placing the mat at different places under two rollers. It is slipping, but only slightly with a standard weight cardstock. The blade is cutting the paper just fine. It is the mat, not the paper that is slipping. I am befuddled. Can anyone shed any light? I have not had this happen before. I have been trying different settings, for at least a dozen tries and getting nowhere fast. Thank so you very much for any hint of what I might try.
Last edited by HappyCrafter on February 20th, 2012, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyCrafter

Re: I Need Some HELP!!

Postby Suzan » February 19th, 2012, 11:07 pm

See if your rollers are dirty, and are they in the down position.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby HappyCrafter » February 19th, 2012, 11:24 pm

LOL, yep they are in the down position. I did check the rollers before I posted and they seem to be clean. But I will clean them, just to be sure, in the morning and try again. Thanks Suzan, very much.
HappyCrafter

Postby Angel135612 » February 19th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Make sure that your pinch wheels are overe the grit shaft when you put them down. Otherwise it could cause the mat to slip.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby HappyCrafter » February 20th, 2012, 12:51 am

Yep, they are Diane. I meant to say that in my original post. Thanks. I really am perplexed about this.
HappyCrafter

Postby iggylover » February 20th, 2012, 12:57 am

You specify just about everything but the type of mat... is it a BC mat, or something else?

Are the edges warped at all?

I know on some lower-quality mats, people would sometimes put masking tape on the areas the rollers would roll on to help give a little 'grip' when their mats got older...
iggylover

Postby HappyCrafter » February 20th, 2012, 1:36 am

I tried both a Cougar mat and the 12x12 green mats. The edges are not curled. I tried three different mats, all freshly "re-nued". I did put some blue painter's tape on one of my cuts, and that was the worst of all. The mat really slipped out of place when I did that. I will clean the rollers tomorrow and see how that goes. I think I will also put a new blade in, because when I am watching it very closely, it seems like it may be trying to "push" its way through instead of cutting its way through. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll post if I get it figured out, just in case this happens to someone else in the future.
HappyCrafter

Re: I Need Some HELP!! RESOLVED

Postby HappyCrafter » February 20th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I'm embarrassed to say it was my rollers--the bottom ones. I got a flashlight and looked at them veerrry carefully and found lots of little pieces of paper and one circle that was a little bigger that I had cut. I got an unused new toothbrush and gently brushed out all the little tiny pieces of paper on the rollers. Some I had to gently loosen with a straight pin first, then brush them. My lil cougar is now back to cutting perfectly. Thanks Suzan for the suggestion to check the rollers.
Now I think it is going to be at least a monthly routine for me to check my rollers. Yea!!!!
Last edited by HappyCrafter on February 20th, 2012, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyCrafter

Postby Angel135612 » February 20th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Glad you figured out what was wrong and got it working again... it is great to post things like this on the forum so someone else may benefit from what you have learned.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Soraya » February 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm

happy your fixed it!
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help