Registration Marks for print and Cut...need help.

Registration Marks for print and Cut...need help.

Postby MeggW » January 22nd, 2012, 11:20 pm

Newbie here…. :?:
I have watched Rob’s video on setting up the laser for print & cut using MTC with my 2 month old cougar. I can & have done it successfully. My problem seems to be my ‘Y’ setting when I import a print & cut file. I am wondering if the registration marks might not be in the correct position for cutting. This took me a while to figure out. I spent a lot of time changing the X & Y setting in an attempt to get my cougar to successfully cut this printed file. Finally I noticed after comparing my test print, that the registration marks seem to be off center. (I based this on my results from Rob’s video and the registration marks on the imported file I was trying to do a print and cut on) This file does not print in the center of the registration marks. The file prints too close to the left registration mark and cuts too far to the right. I have changed my ‘Y’ setting from -16 all the way up to -7.1. I get one cut that will be close…then the next time I try to cut the file…the cut is off. I have just recently purchased MTC and am still learning how to use it. I have re-calibrated my cougar in an attempt to figure out what I was doing wrong. I have also tried printing in various places on my paper (without success) thinking it was a problem with the margins of my printer. So…..I’m asking if anyone has any ideas as to what I am doing wrong.
MeggW

Re: Registration Marks for print and Cut...need help.

Postby rachellann » January 23rd, 2012, 12:35 pm

Hi meg
not sure I am under standing correctly but you have entered your off set number and are attempting to PNC.
lets start fresh here. download and print the calibration sheet in the lerning center - http://blackcatus.com/learn/?page_id=68
whenyou have those numbers enter them in the proper place in MTC for PNC with MTC make sure to download and install the KNK plugin in then open that plugin have it say knk maxx- baudrate 38400- then just above the knkmaxx selection is a tiny wrench select that then enter the nubers from the sheet making sure to pay close attention to it once that done you can close that window for the time being load your paper onto your mat place the laser on the front right corner of your paper not the first registration mark now click to cut the windo opens make sure to select the print in cut
knk window.JPG

then when ready click start another will open it will show your image and other info then click begin
knk window.JPG

your machine will move to or close to the first registration point if not dead on use the arrowson the screen to get it there. then click on the target on the screen it moves to the next it may not be dead on just repeat. then same for the last the carrage returns to the home position( laser at the right front corner of your paper) thenclick start and it should cut right on if not can you post pictures of what yours looks like so we can better help you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby MeggW » January 23rd, 2012, 12:53 pm

Thank you Rachelann....I will try that. I did not know I needed to download the KNK plug in. I had already done the calibration from the learning center but will do it again after I download the KNK plug in. I will post how things go.
MeggW

Postby Elizabeth » January 23rd, 2012, 2:09 pm

Good luck, Meg! It can be a bit of a pain to get it set up, but once you do, you will be amazed at how accurate it is. I will pass on a suggestion from a very wise user (can't remember who, sorry). Once you get your numbers figured out, write them on a piece of tape and stick it under the lid of your machine, in case you need to re-enter them at some point. This really saved me a little while ago when I switched computers.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby rachellann » January 23rd, 2012, 5:26 pm

The Blackcat plugin does not have the proper PNC so we have to settle for the KNK one that does and it works, you'll find out that it is very easy once you are all set up and know the process it will come like second nature.
rachellann

Postby MeggW » January 23rd, 2012, 8:23 pm

Well, I have worked on this most of the afternoon and am still getting the same results as before. I am not very good at explaining what is going on....so....I'm going to try uploading pictures of what is going on. If this doesn't work...please excuse me as I have never tried this.
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
Heart.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG

I hope the pictures show the problem I am having better then I could tell.
I do appreciate any and all help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MeggW

Postby Retta » January 23rd, 2012, 8:26 pm

Wow good luck. I know the pictures would have helped me if I knew what I was doing, sorry
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kathybessey » January 23rd, 2012, 11:00 pm

It looks like there is something tiny in the file that is causing that box to be so big around the heart. You might want to zoom in on it and try breaking or splitting the image to see what else is in there and get rid of it. If you want you can send me the file in a pm or email me kathybessey@gmail.com and I will take a look at it for you.
kathybessey

Postby rachellann » January 24th, 2012, 12:18 am

megg
try doing a factory reset on your machine. turn off the machine now hold down the origin button the one that looks like a shooting target now while holding it down turn the machine back on watch the ld screen it will say blackcat then reset then blackcat this puts everything back to wher the factory settings then give it a try this does not effect the offset numbers as those are doner inside your software program so they will be ok
rachellann

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help