Help needed finding iron on vinyl for cloth

Help needed finding iron on vinyl for cloth

Postby allandra42 » December 29th, 2011, 10:17 am

I need to make a banner for work it is going to be quite large and will say
Infinite Campus Parent Portal so I need quite a bit of vinyl. I saw that tyler sells the 8.5 x 11 squares ( I would need 30 of them and that is IF I DIDNT mess too many up) but I would like a roll I think it would be more economical for me. Is there an iron on vinyl that you would recommend?
I know from experience with cutting vinyl that some cuts better than others and I want a good one that wont be so difficult to cut. Any advice? Lesa
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Re: Help needed finding iron on vinyl for cloth

Postby Angel135612 » December 29th, 2011, 10:27 am

I haven't used the Iron on Vinyl, so I'm not a lot of help, but you can do a search for it to see who has the best prices. I know a number of people buy from H& H Sign Supply, and there was another company (can't recall the name off the top of my head). You may be able to find some sources by searching the forum to see what has been talked about in the past.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby minorcustomcrafts » December 29th, 2011, 1:46 pm

I get mine from specialty graphics. The shipping is fast and I have never had a problem. You can either purchase by the roll or by the foot. I have always only used sizer easy weed. It has held up great. My son has a shirt with a graphic on the whole back that he would wear right after it was washed, and had it since last Christmas. It has just started to crack at the edges.
minorcustomcrafts

Postby Gigi » December 29th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Many of us have ordered vinyl from the vinyl superstore with great success. I have not tried their iron on, but they seem to carry a lot of variety - hope this is helpful. Their matte and glossy vinyl is wonderful quality.
http://www.vinylsuperstore.com/categori ... %29-Vinyl/
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby allandra42 » December 29th, 2011, 2:28 pm

minorcustomcrafts wrote:I get mine from specialty graphics. The shipping is fast and I have never had a problem. You can either purchase by the roll or by the foot. I have always only used sizer easy weed. It has held up great. My son has a shirt with a graphic on the whole back that he would wear right after it was washed, and had it since last Christmas. It has just started to crack at the edges.

Can you iron this on with a regular iron? lesa
allandra42

Postby minorcustomcrafts » December 29th, 2011, 6:08 pm

As far as I know. I think some people on the MTC forum have done so, I remember seeing a post about it somewhere. They put a wood board down and then a towel, then the clothing and use teflon paper and Iron. I use a heat press. I know you need to put equal pressure down and I would count to 15 before you move the iron and do not use steam.
minorcustomcrafts

Postby MeFlick » December 30th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Hey Lesa - I usually use Siser Easy Weed HTV and usually have gotten it from H & H Sign Supply. Depending on how much you are ordering you can usually get free shipping if over $100 I think. I now have a heat press but have used it with an iron in the past and it worked fine.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby allandra42 » December 30th, 2011, 7:20 pm

MeFlick wrote:Hey Lesa - I usually use Siser Easy Weed HTV and usually have gotten it from H & H Sign Supply. Depending on how much you are ordering you can usually get free shipping if over $100 I think. I now have a heat press but have used it with an iron in the past and it worked fine.

WOW I ordered this yesterday the siser vinyl and it was delivered today! Talk about fast service!! Lesa
allandra42

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help