Test Cut?

Test Cut?

Postby KT Krafter » December 26th, 2011, 7:22 pm

I am trying to figure out some good settings for vinyl and having a hard time.

Instead of continuing to waste vinyl can someone talk me through how to use the test button? I am confused by the directions in the learning center and every time I have tried it nothing is happening.

Also--what settings do you use for vinyl with a mat?

Thanks for any help
Katie
KT Krafter

Re: Test Cut?

Postby Elizabeth » December 26th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Hi Katie,

Put your mat in the machine, press the online button to go offline. Use the arrow keys to place the blade where you would like to make your test cut, press the origin button, make sure you are still offline and press the "test" button. Your machine should cut a small rectangle.

For vinyl, I use a force of 20 to 30 with a 45 degree blade and my click holder set on two. This will vary from user to user and with different types of vinyl. Start with a slow speed, around 50. You can increase this as you become more comfortable. Good luck, and hang in there. It may seem difficult now, but it will all be second nature soon.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » December 27th, 2011, 1:27 am

When I cut vinyl, I use a force of around 25 to 30, and a very slow speed. I find if I go to fast, then the blade wants to pick up my vinyl while cutting, so I slow way down. Again, as Elizabeth said, it will vary a bit from machine to machine, and how sharp the blade is will make a difference as well. I would use some small scraps of vinyl to play with until you are comfortable with your settings and getting the cuts the way you want them.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » December 27th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Yep, I use a force of 18 most of the time but then again, that can vary day to day. 18 is my starting point. For the test button to work, you need to be offline, I think. I always try it online and then wonder why it isn't working. Eventually I'll get it. LOL.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby KT Krafter » December 27th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Can't wait till I can sit down and give this a try again.

Katie ;)
KT Krafter

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help