overlapped IO help!

overlapped IO help!

Postby kim » November 29th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Trying to get my lynx going! I just got a new keyspan and the computer is recognizing it, but when I try to cut it gives me the error "overlapped I/O". We checked the baud. We did the port settings. What do I do!?!

Kim's niece
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: overlapped IO help!

Postby Thyme » November 29th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Which software are you using?
I got this message once with a customer using MTC and I installed the trial of Signcut, sent a cut through that which worked fine and then MTC did too.
It may be just a coincidence that it worked that way, but worth a try?
Also try rebooting the computer, and re-installing the driver. If you installed the driver from MTC then try installing it from my quick start manual and vice versa
Thyme

Postby Sara Byrd » November 29th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Ok i downloaded the driver again through MTC...still nothing... i tried downloading a trial version of signcut but when i click on the program it wants a registration number, so i'm not sure how to do the trial version
Sara Byrd

Postby Sara Byrd » November 29th, 2011, 2:06 pm

ok i figured out how to get to the trial version and i tried to cut something but i dont know if i was doing it right... defiantly like MTC better than signcut! anyway, it didnt cut either...
Sara Byrd

Postby janrichards » November 29th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Did you set it to cut from the top left and set the o/o? Sound like it isn't sure what to do or where to do it. Try putting one item in the middle of the screen, tell it to cut from Klik and Kut and use WYSIWYG. Put the laser on and move it to the outside line and two inch mark then hit the middle button to set the o/o. Then put it back online and try again. Hope that isn't too confusing but if so there are tutorials on how to set it up. Look under the learning center tab at the top.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby Sara Byrd » November 29th, 2011, 4:12 pm

little confusing... which its not you, i'm just new to this! lol This is how i've been setting it up... press offline, menu. turn laser on...move the laser to bottom of mat (as in most of the mat is hanging out of the back of the machine) then right side of mat.... (PS, i'm using a cricut mat, so i'm setting the laser at the 12/12 mark) then i've been placing a circle in the middle of MTC... I've been trying to test the connection with NOTHING happening... and i've also just tried to cut with klik and kut and the cougar plugin..... ugh!!
Sara Byrd

Postby Thyme » November 29th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Sara,
Are you a full member of my forum?
If so go here - http://www.blackcatforum.com/index.php?showforum=68 and work through these posts. They are often written to apply to Signcut but are frequently still appropriate to other software.
Then let me know if any help
Thyme

Postby HappyCrafter » November 29th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Make sure correct Comm Port is selected. USB Serial Port. See my comment in your other post. Hope this helps you.
HappyCrafter

Postby janrichards » November 29th, 2011, 5:33 pm

I think you need to set the laser at 12/2. I actually set mine at 12/1.5 because I found that there was an overlap of .5. Try that and then tell it to cut again.
Jan
janrichards

Postby HappyCrafter » November 29th, 2011, 5:48 pm

I think she said she was using a Cricut mat so actually she would set the laser at 12/10--2" in. from right side of machine as you are looking at it.
HappyCrafter

Postby rachellann » November 29th, 2011, 7:17 pm

HappyCrafter wrote:I think she said she was using a Cricut mat so actually she would set the laser at 12/10--2" in. from right side of machine as you are looking at it.

it only needs to be two in hes from the right if using BC plugin other wise right on the coner of the front right using the knk plugin and wysiwygt
sample.JPG
using the cricut mat you
sample.JPG
cricut mat you meve it more towards you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Sara Byrd » December 1st, 2011, 9:39 am

thank you for all your posts! I tried everything and it still is not working... yesterday i used the regular USB and it cut out circles so it's not the machine... its something with not liking the keyspan. i just set the laser at 12/10...and re-installed MTC.... theres got to b a simple answer!
Sara Byrd

Postby kim » December 1st, 2011, 9:53 am

Okay, mine works fine with the keyspan. You may need to bring the machine over to my house and let me play with it when I can and get it going. That may be the best way....that way I can walk away and go back and forth until I figure it all out.

Also, did you get my email? I didn't get yours you sent the other day and don't know if your outgoing doesn't work. I am busy with work the next couple of days.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby janrichards » December 1st, 2011, 10:00 am

The keyspan has to have a drive installed. If it didn't come with the software go to the manufacturer's website and download
the software for it. I'll bet you that is your answer. If the USB works then you have to assume it is the connection.
Jan
janrichards

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help