loading mat

Re: loading mat

Postby Gigi » September 28th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Jan -

Forgive the stupid question, but are you changing the port settings to what YOUR computer says? I just keep reading what you are posting and wondering if you are checking your own settings. Once it is set for your own com port you should not need to change. And it sounds like it is communicating when you do that.

If you were using Inkscape and Signcut I would tell you to be sure you are setting your origin button as not setting that will cause the mat to spit out - and would assume you do that with MTC too but don't want to steer you wrong with that part.

Keep sharing - we will help you figure it out. I just don't want to further complicate things for you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » September 29th, 2011, 3:33 am

The port settings are the same for both Cougar and lynx.
What port settings are you changing?
Thyme

Postby janrichards » September 29th, 2011, 8:31 am

IN the video Tyler said to change the USB serial port settings to 38400, 8, None, 1, xon xoff. When I change the port settings to that it will not communicate, when I change them back to the default it communicates but will not cut, I am using MTC.
I sent an email to Rachelle but haven't heard back from her. Anyone have any other ideas? My cricut cuts just fine with this computer and software.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby janrichards » September 29th, 2011, 8:43 am

I may have found the problem but don't know how to change the BR setting. Mine is at 57600 and according to MTC that is not correct.
janrichards

Postby Tyler » September 29th, 2011, 8:54 am

There are three places to set the Br setting - on your machine, on your driver settings, and from within the cutting program (MTC).

For your machine, doing a system reset should set it at the correct br setting. To do this, turn off the machine, hold the origin button, turn on the machine while still holding the origin button.

I sent you a PM regarding the driver.

From within the program, if you are using the cougar driver, then the setting is already set for you at 38,400. If you are using the KNK driver you can click on the arrow and select 38,400.
br settings knk plugin.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby janrichards » September 29th, 2011, 9:07 am

Thanks so much Tyler, you are great! I did get it changed and that was the problem!!!!! I can cut now, at least from MTC. I have some work to do to figure out the placement but it cut well. Can't wait for some time off to play more. Off to work now and then another 9.5 hour tomorrow. At least I am off on Sat and Sun is a short day so I should get some more time then. In the meantime can you point me to something that helps with placement, where to put the mat in, setting the x and y axis etc. Won't be able to see it until later but I am excited now that I got it to cut.
Jan
janrichards

Postby Gigi » September 29th, 2011, 2:12 pm

FABULOUS!! So glad Tyler could get it straightened out. I thought you were talking about COM port settings.

So glad you are up and cutting!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Tyler » September 29th, 2011, 2:59 pm

janrichards wrote:Thanks so much Tyler, you are great! I did get it changed and that was the problem!!!!! I can cut now, at least from MTC. I have some work to do to figure out the placement but it cut well. Can't wait for some time off to play more. Off to work now and then another 9.5 hour tomorrow. At least I am off on Sat and Sun is a short day so I should get some more time then. In the meantime can you point me to something that helps with placement, where to put the mat in, setting the x and y axis etc. Won't be able to see it until later but I am excited now that I got it to cut.
Jan

Glad you got that part figured out! What plugin are you using? Black Cat or KNK? That will change the answer.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby janrichards » September 29th, 2011, 7:02 pm

I am using the Black Cat plug in.
janrichards

Postby CaseysAngel » September 29th, 2011, 9:05 pm

what do you mean it didn't cut? What did it say?
If it's not cutting but it's sending then you have the machine OFFLINE instead of online or the Baud Rate is wrong.
CaseysAngel

Postby rachellann » September 29th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Hi All if anyone needs my help my email has changed so I do not have access to the old email my new email is rachellabrunner@mediacombb.net jan send me your phone num,ad i will call you
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » September 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Do this. First make sure when you send the cut the machine is ONLINE> If it is then it will read BLACKCAT and then your V= and F=.

If the machine is offline it'll show you the x and y and it will NOT cut until you put it online (and if you have it set don't forget to hit the origin button.)

If you are sure it's online then check your BR rate. To do that
1. Make sure your machine is ONLINE
2.Click menu once
3. make sure it reads US 600 and then BR 38400

If that's not it give me the exact error message you are getting in MTC please.
CaseysAngel

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help