CHIPBOARD

CHIPBOARD

Postby scrapperanonymous » February 21st, 2014, 3:50 pm

Hello to everyone! I am praying for Spring here in Michigan!

So my question is this: I create scrapbooks and other items out of chipboard. I am wondering, for example, can I cut my 12x12 chipboard say to 8.5x11 and if so how do I do this? Do I need to use SCAL or is there another way without having to do this? I just think that it would be great if I could cut all my chipboard pieces to size before I start my project. Plus the lines would definitely be straight! Anyone who can help me I welcome all suggestions!! :D So basically I want to know if I can use my 13in. Silver Bullet as a cutter without using SCAL or how to cut using SCAL. Thank you all, Laurie
scrapperanonymous

Cutter: Proud Owner of a 13" Silver Bullet

Re: CHIPBOARD

Postby Gigi » February 21st, 2014, 4:08 pm

Absolutely you can cut your chipboard down to size assuming it is normal thickness and would advise using the 60 degree plus blade. You have to use a software that has the Silver Bullet drivers and SCAL comes with the machine and is designed to work well with the Silver Bullet cutters. You could basically "draw" an 8.5 x 11 inch rectangle on your virtual mat in the program and have the SB cut it out. So the simple answer is yes, but of course you could cut your shapes out on the machine as well and possibly avoiding cutting the size down.....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: CHIPBOARD

Postby scrapperanonymous » February 21st, 2014, 4:16 pm

GIGI, thank you for your knowledge! I was wondering how to make it the size that I wanted, I have to draw it! Duh, sometimes I wonder about myself! :o I will use the 60 degree blade I think and I thought I read somewhere that I should turn off the hard landing? I think that is what it is called. Do you know anything about that?
scrapperanonymous

Cutter: Proud Owner of a 13" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help