Remember to check your files!

Remember to check your files!

Postby pigtailpat » January 4th, 2014, 7:37 pm

So I was doing some ballet shoes, for a possible 2015 project (applique). I always test cut my stuff, and two portions just didn't cut right. Went back to check file, and sure enough, I had the path spliced in the spot that didn't work on test cutting. Joined the pesky nodes together and re-cut and worked great. I'm so happy to have this new inkscape version and signcut - love the cutting by color. Everything is coming back to me as to how to use signcut.

The cat and my sewing machine are the 2 best things I ever got! :D

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Remember to check your files!

Postby Retta » January 4th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Amen Pat.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby allorache » January 4th, 2014, 10:07 pm

Please post some of your applique! I also bought my cutter for applique. What fabrics do you cut?
allorache

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby pigtailpat » January 5th, 2014, 12:36 am

Allorache - I use my plotter to cut freezer paper more than I do for actual fabric. I tend to plotter cut actual fabric when I have a very big applique piece - - that is one piece only. I just cut by plotter an applique for my quild's challenge quilt. I don't have it quilted yet, as I need backing fabric, if you want I can take a photo of that tomorrow and show you how a major one piece applique comes out. I absolutely adore the cat for cutting freezer paper templates. I posted my tree I think here - which was cut by the cat via freezer paper templates. Circles will probably be a exception, I found a very cute pattern for an xmas quilt, that involves cutting different sizes of circles. Something like that I would do via a plotter, which will give me more accurate round circles than doing via freezer paper templates. I sort of balance out between the time I have, the accuracy I am aiming for, and the amount to cut. When the applique is the main image or focus image, I will tend to use the plotter as I want high accuracy in that scenario.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help