Print and Cut Calibration

Print and Cut Calibration

Postby dhowell9000 » November 17th, 2013, 3:54 pm

:whip: So, After a total of at LEAST 12 hours, I have FINALLY calibrated my Print and Cut. It would have helped TREMENDOUSLY if I was any good at math! However, The most Important Tip is = When you hit next in the laser line up on the second spot...have your finger on the side to side arrows on the keyboard, and as SOON as you hit next hit any one of the arrows, THIS keeps the machine? software? from timing out. The Other VERY IMPORTANT Tip, is if your machine goes into pause when going to spot number two? Your Image is too far to the right, and the "BLADE" or laser cant go far enought over. so make sure, even thought they say to have the image at the bottom, that you have plenty of room to move your laser/blade around! YAYYYYY! SO I did a paper Tole after I claibrated....One thing though...my blade could NOT have gone dull THAT fast could it????? All of a sudden It wont cut all the way through at pressure of 90 when before it would....stumped there....???any one know why? I even raised the pressure to 110 and it still didnt cut through....HERE is a picture of my TOLE!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dhowell9000

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15 inch

Re: Print and Cut Calibration

Postby MeFlick » November 17th, 2013, 4:19 pm

dhowell9000 wrote::whip: . . . I have FINALLY calibrated my Print and Cut. It would have helped TREMENDOUSLY if I was any good at math! . . .
Emphasis added.

Oh, believe me - I can feel that pain! :banghead: Ever so thankful that my children got their math and science brain from their Dad! ;) Good news is that they also got their other parts, History, English, etc. from me so they do well! ;)

Image looks great. Glad you got it working for you.

As far as the blade. It is possible maybe that you have chipped your blade somehow. You can look at it under a magnifying glass if you have one and look at the tip of it.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Re: Print and Cut Calibration

Postby Elizabeth » November 17th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Glad you got it working, and thanks for the tips! I need to re-learn PNC with SCAL, and I just had to replace my laptop, so I may need to recalibrate, too. (I'm not sure if I remembered to tape my numbers to the inside of my machine. :hide: If not, I will do it this time around.)

I agree with Melanie: It sounds like you may have damaged your blade. I do this most often by catching it on the edge of my mat. Not so often now, but when I was learning my machine I did it way more than I care to admit.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help