Pathetic Newbie who can't even get the mat to load..

Pathetic Newbie who can't even get the mat to load..

Postby bajh1234 » November 7th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Hello,
And I am embarrassed to post this, but I have read the directions numerous times. I have yet to cut one thing because every time I put the mat in a cut, it spits the mat right out. I press the origin button and then turn bring it online. I feel like I have the blade lined up, but when I turn it on, the mat comes right back out.

Sorry to waste your time, but is there a thread to address this?

Thank you, thank you……

Bridget
bajh1234

Cutter: silver bullet 24"

Re: Pathetic Newbie who can't even get the mat to load..

Postby PennyDuncan » November 7th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Hey bajh1234 Bridget.....I'm wondering if you're loading the mat in the back or the front??? Have you went through the Learning Center to watch the Set Up Videos???? You would want to load your mat from the front (it actually kinda words in reverse of the Cricut) place your mat where you would like it.....with the majority of the mat being placed to the back of the machine......lower your pinch wheels if you have them up......take the machine offline....move your blade to where you would want it to be then push the Origin Button...you should see your X & Y values go to .000 now you can put your machine back on line and your mat should stay in place.........
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby bajh1234 » November 7th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Thank you and I will try this tonight! I was loading from the front, but not pushing it all the through. My tiny machine was the opposite. I guess I need to go back through and watch the videos again. Thanks.
bajh1234

Cutter: silver bullet 24"

Postby PennyDuncan » November 7th, 2013, 8:25 pm

You are very welcome....good luck sweetie!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » November 7th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Also be sure to check the FAQ section of the Learning Center. There is a wealth of information there with a lot of issues that come up as new users are getting to know their machines!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cxruss4 » November 8th, 2013, 6:36 pm

I have a question. I am new as well. I have watched all the videos and such. I get the mat loaded and set the origin all good and well. It goes online perfect. Then I go to SCAL and when I send the job to the cutter the mat moves and spits out before it starts cutting. This only happens when the print job starts.
cxruss4

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Gigi » November 8th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Again , if you go to the FAQ section of the learning center it has a variety of topics including why your mat spits out. http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/fa ... er-bullet/

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you said it only happens when the print job starts. If you are printing that should have nothing to do with the SB. As Penny mentioned earlier, be sure your origin is set with the bulk of the mat behind the machine. More details are in her post as well as in the link above to the FAQ section.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cxruss4 » November 8th, 2013, 10:24 pm

I apologize if I wasn't clear. I am not printing I am sending the cutting job to the silver bullet. I have looked at the FAQ's and watched all of the videos. I have loaded the mat set the origin to 0,0 and turned the silver bullet to online. I have the cutting head to where I want it and everything looks perfect like in the Video and everything.

I then get my project setup in Sure Cuts a Lot then I send the job to the cutter and before it starts it basicly advances the mat. I can "fix" it by putting the mat further inside (towards the back of the cutter) but that really messes everything up. After reading everything and watching it looks like if I align the cutter and set the orgin to 0,0 the cutter should start cutting right where I have it but for some reason when it sends to the cutter it moves the mat before cutting? Is this normal?

Thanks so much in advance.
Charles
cxruss4

Postby Gigi » November 8th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Check and see how you have it set to cut. It sounds like you have it set with WYSIWYG so it is moving to cut where you have your image on the virtual mat in SCAL. Change it to origin and it will cut from where you have set the origin.

See the picture below- when you click on cut with my cutter and the little screen pops up, be sure it says what I have circled and not WYSIWYG. That may be the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » November 9th, 2013, 7:55 am

cxruss4 wrote:. . . I can "fix" it by putting the mat further inside (towards the back of the cutter) but that really messes everything up. . . .
Charles

Hi Charles, this may be one of those where "a picture is worth a thousand words". If you can give screen shot images of your item on the virtual mat, an actual picture of your cutter and how you have the mat loaded, etc. It might help those who try to help you troubleshoot.

However, I also wanted to point out your one sentence that I have quoted above. Unlike the smaller "bug" machines that many people started with - the mat needs to be loaded fully into the machine so that it is in fact at the "back" of the cutter when looking full on at the cutter. This would be true whether cutting with WYSIWYG or Origin mode. (Note the visual image Gigi provided above, see how the mat is fully loaded through the machine so that it is at the back of the cutter.) Why do you say that doing so "really messes everything up" ?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby cxruss4 » November 11th, 2013, 9:21 pm

That solved the problem. Thanks so very much everyone for the help. Have a wonderful day
cxruss4

Postby MeFlick » November 12th, 2013, 7:53 am

:D Yea, glad your problem has been solved! Happy cutting!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help