Sharing a Curve!

Sharing a Curve!

Postby dhowell9000 » November 11th, 2013, 10:05 am

dont see a lot of people sharing their settings? unless I am looking in the wrong places, I am blonde after all! ;) ! So I went from "AMESS" To "AMAZING" ! I had my 45 degree blade in to cut 110 pound Image Plus card stock from Sam's Club and it tore up the cardstock over and over....I was so sad....Then, I remembered...with my Craftwell I changed the blade and it made ALL the difference! and the same was true here! I changed my blade to the 60 blade, the Velocity was 100 and the Force was 90, WOW! here are the before and after Pictures!
AMESS!.jpg

AMAZING.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dhowell9000

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15 inch

Re: Sharing a Curve!

Postby Elizabeth » November 11th, 2013, 10:29 am

Great! I was having issues this weekend, too. I was having to use much greater force than I usually do to get good cuts. I decided to dial my click holder up a notch, and that solved my problem. (My blade is quite new, and I didn't readjust the click holder when inserting it, which I usually do with a new blade.)

I also did step two of my three step process to refresh my mats.

Step one: Wipe with a lanolin free baby wipe. I can usually do this a few times before moving on to...
Step two: Wash them with a bit of dish detergent and a plastic Scotch pad( the kind without soap) I can usually do this a couple of times before moving on to...
Step three: Use a Renu sheet to replace the sticky

The stickiness of the mats really affects the quality of my cuts, and if I keep them in good shape, it eases the frustration of having to re-cut.

Thanks for sharing your success. I'm sure it will make something click with someone else having problems at some point. That has happened to me over and over again on this forum, and is one of the many reasons I hang out here.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Sharing a Curve!

Postby Angel135612 » November 11th, 2013, 10:34 am

Great job... yes the blades do make a difference.
You won't find many of us sharing settings because there are so many variables that go into it. The stickyness of your mat, the newness of the blade, the humidity, the fibers in the paper, just to name a few. Which is why it is so important to test cut your paper before you try to cut your design, if you haven't cut the same type of paper before.
I would suggest you up your speed some more, the SB cut much better at higher speeds (600+)

Good luck with your projects.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help