Machine will not cut

Machine will not cut

Postby danniwill73 » October 5th, 2020, 10:23 am

Hi i have had my machine for some years. All of a sudden it is moving very slow to load a mat. When I snd the job to cut nothing happens. I have the Pro version of SCAL updated to the latest version. Also tried numerous USB cords? I was told to reset and look in the learning center. Where is this located? What do I do if this does not work.....
danniwill73

Cutter: professional 24

Re: Machine will not cut

Postby Gigi » October 5th, 2020, 10:40 am

First of all, did you do a machine reset? That often fixes any issue. Turn the machine off. Hold down the origin button and turn the machine back on still holding down the origin button. When you see writing come on the LED screen (it will say resetting as I recall) then you can release the origin button and see if that helps.

What kind of image are you sending to cut? Is it within the cutting area? Try a simple square or circle from the library and see if that will cut. Be sure you are online and cutting origin so you don't go out of area. Won't go on with this much more as I am hoping the machine reset will help. LMK.

You should have received a login for the learning center classroom when you purchased the machine.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Machine will not cut

Postby MeFlick » October 5th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Some other questions in addition to what Gigi has noted - what computer system are you using? Are you using a PC or a Mac? What OS are you running? Has it recently been updated? Also, have you made sure that you have the baud rate setting correct on your machine and in the software? And one final question, may seem obvious, but we have all missed it from time to time - have you put your machine back "on line" after taking it "off line" to set the origin?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Silver Bullet Platinum