Calibration of Cougar

Calibration of Cougar

Postby belfry11 » August 1st, 2011, 1:14 pm

If I'm understanding correctly, when I am doing Print N Cut with my Cougar and the cutting is not correct with the print, then I need to calibrate. How do I calibrate my Cougar? I have the KNK pluggin. Can someone point me Tyler's video about calibrating the cougar. Thanks in advance.
Lisa B.
belfry11

Cutter: Cougar 13 inches

Re: Calibration of Cougar

Postby Mary Kobe » August 1st, 2011, 1:50 pm

Here you go! I have not done this, but knew where to find it! If you have questions, I am sure someone will be around to help out!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=270
Mary Kobe

Postby belfry11 » August 1st, 2011, 2:56 pm

Thank You Sooooo Much!
Lisa B.
belfry11

Postby Profleonie » August 1st, 2011, 3:27 pm

I just calibrated mine and it just takes doing it a few times. Well worth it.
Profleonie

Postby Gigi » August 1st, 2011, 4:17 pm

Profleonie wrote:I just calibrated mine and it just takes doing it a few times. Well worth it.

Yes it does take a few times, but once you get it right, it is awesome!! (from one who just recently got it right!!)

I really was amazed at how easy it was, but granted it took Penny AND Dawn to get me through it via Inkscape and Signcut - but it all makes sense now!! LOL

I think I gave them both chronic headaches though!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sorry ladies!! Love ya! :bighug:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » August 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm

I was able to get my machine calibrated and the cuts are great, but I'm getting that diagonal line cutting down the page again. I can still use the cut out image but if you try to put two on a page the bottom one is ruined with that cut down the page. All my settings are correct in Signcut and my blade is not dragging, it's making a cut. It's not my machine because all my other cuts are fine when using SCAL.
Phyllis

Postby belfry11 » August 1st, 2011, 7:03 pm

Thank you to all for your replies. I am going to tackle calibration again after I take a deep breath.
Lisa B.
belfry11

Postby Tyler » August 1st, 2011, 7:11 pm

Phyllis wrote:I was able to get my machine calibrated and the cuts are great, but I'm getting that diagonal line cutting down the page again. I can still use the cut out image but if you try to put two on a page the bottom one is ruined with that cut down the page. All my settings are correct in Signcut and my blade is not dragging, it's making a cut. It's not my machine because all my other cuts are fine when using SCAL.

What program are you using? Would you mind attaching the file?
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby sherri » August 1st, 2011, 10:11 pm

I really was amazed at how easy it was, but granted it took Penny AND Dawn to get me through it via Inkscape and Signcut - but it all makes sense now!! LOL

OHHHHH GIGI! Did you get it? I mean did you REALLY get it? i am so happy if you did! WoooHoooo....
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Phyllis » August 1st, 2011, 10:51 pm

Tyler wrote:
Phyllis wrote:I was able to get my machine calibrated and the cuts are great, but I'm getting that diagonal line cutting down the page again. I can still use the cut out image but if you try to put two on a page the bottom one is ruined with that cut down the page. All my settings are correct in Signcut and my blade is not dragging, it's making a cut. It's not my machine because all my other cuts are fine when using SCAL.

What program are you using? Would you mind attaching the file?

Tyler, thanks for the reply. I have been away from my computer most of the afternoon and evening. I didn't save the file I was using but I can find the image I was working on, it was either a .jpg or .png. I am using Inkscape and Signcut to cut. It did this on the rectangles when I was calibrating also. I will recreate the situation and send it to you tomorrow. Thanks.
Phyllis

Postby Gigi » August 1st, 2011, 10:59 pm

sherri wrote:I really was amazed at how easy it was, but granted it took Penny AND Dawn to get me through it via Inkscape and Signcut - but it all makes sense now!! LOL

OHHHHH GIGI! Did you get it? I mean did you REALLY get it? i am so happy if you did! WoooHoooo....

Yes Sherri - I did!! LOL I posted it somewhere on here - but I will send you a pic via email so you can see!!

Thanks for your encouragement too!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » August 2nd, 2011, 12:40 am

Lisa B. good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Tyler I PM'd the file to you. I couldn't go to bed until I tried it one more time. My machine is calibrated beautifully and loving how nice it cuts the image, just that dratted line down the page.
Phyllis

Return to General