Embossing Questions

Embossing Questions

Postby sisson101 » July 15th, 2011, 4:18 pm

How do you attach your paper to the mat since the foam is on top of the mat?

I am assuming that it is the mat, the foam and then your paper. Is that correct or do you make a "sandwich" with another mat? Oh lord, I sound like a fool don't I?

How do you decide which tip to use? Is this based on your design - if you have a large area to emboss you use the larger tip?

Can you basically use any file as an embossing file - or is it a special one?

I know that if there is a wide area that you need to emboss you need to fill it. I have watched the video but am still a bit confused. I was thinking if someone had a small file (or lead me to a file that would work) then I would have a better idea than to just start this from scratch.

:hide:
sisson101

Re: Embossing Questions

Postby Tyler » July 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm

the tip is based on the design you would like. There is no sandwiching of 2 mats. Just take your one mat, put your paper on the foam side and use some painters tape to hold it down. Doing this will give you a debossing look. And yes, any file will pretty much work as an embossing file. I have embossed a lot of text before - you could just put a few characters down and test it out! I hope that was what you were asking.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby sisson101 » July 16th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Thanks Tyler. Am going now to give your suggestion on some text a try.
sisson101

Postby CaseysAngel » July 16th, 2011, 5:47 pm

There's an embossing video on my blog is that will help you. It's not the greatest, it's from when I first started making video's but hopefully it'll help ya!!
CaseysAngel

Postby sisson101 » July 17th, 2011, 9:42 am

Thanks. Will definetely take a look.
sisson101

Return to General