MAT PROBLEM

MAT PROBLEM

Postby bigideas » July 8th, 2011, 10:20 am

I've had my 18" Cougar for about 6 weeks. I've just really started playing with it, the problem I'm having is that the sticky stuff from the mat is coming off on my cardstock and paper. My mat has spots were there isn't any "sticky" left and now my cardstock and paper won't stick down to my mat at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I know I can re-sticky it myself like with all other machine mats but since these mats have a special adhesive, will it work and not gunk up my rollers?
bigideas

Re: MAT PROBLEM

Postby Phyllis » July 8th, 2011, 12:05 pm

I resticky Cricut mats and use them and no problem so far. I haven't used my Cougar mat that much, kinda saving it for a rainy day LOL.
Phyllis

Postby Retta » July 8th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Wash it in hot soapy water - use some dawn on it. It may resticky itself enough. If resticky the mat. No worries.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Thyme » July 8th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Just a quick spray of repositionable adhesive will have it fine again
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » July 9th, 2011, 11:09 am

Yea, I LOVE teh BC mats because they aren't over sticky. In return sometimes that means it won't hold something heavier I put on it so I just give it a quick spray and all is good. i'd MUCH rather not have them sticky sticky then to have everything I do stick to them and rip (ahem cricut mats lol)
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » July 9th, 2011, 11:21 am

Yep - I hate having cardstock rip off "those" mats.......it seems to be the thicker cardstocks that rip for me - maybe because they are layered? At least that is what it looks like when they rip and leave remnants - lot of them!!

Can hardly wait for the BC mats!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sherri » July 11th, 2011, 1:10 am

Darla...it will be fine. Just spray a bit on it. They really are NOT as sticky as the other mats for a reason..I had a time getting use to them but now LOVE them!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Return to General