HELP Operator Error AGAIN!!!

HELP Operator Error AGAIN!!!

Postby Dana » July 6th, 2011, 7:48 am

Okay.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What am I doing wrong???? I know it is operator error and not the machine. I'm using the new blade holder, V of 50 and F of 120 for Die Cut With A View textured cardstock in light brown. I can't get the machine to make the turn correctly without ripping the paper. I have checked the nodes in inkscape and I don't see anything that is out of the ordinary. It has to be the paper that I am using, but this is 100% of my cardstock stash. Can someone please give me some guidelines as to settings. I have tried everything from 50 to 150 and force of 40 to 120. I have the 60 degree "good" blades from sherri in. I have tried lowering and raising the blade... nothing. :oops:

2011-07-06_08-41-22_754.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Re: HELP Operator Error AGAIN!!!

Postby pigtailpat » July 6th, 2011, 8:02 am

try lowering speed to 25, believe it or not, I have been using that speed with great results. Even though your image is not complex, the material looks like it is. Also, is the textured side down or is it that texture throughout? (meaning there is no smooth side?).

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby CaseysAngel » July 6th, 2011, 8:11 am

A few things to try

1. flip it over and mirror the image sis
2. raise your speed. I think that's to slow. I cut bazzill and DCWV on about 220
3. that's eating the paper so I would double check the blade depth again. It looks to high maybe to me so it's dragging and not cutting right maybe

When I cut mine I cut at around 220-250 and I use a force of 126 and a 45 degree blade.

I don't know if that will help ya, I know they are all different, but you might try it sis.
CaseysAngel

Postby CaseysAngel » July 6th, 2011, 8:12 am

pigtailpat wrote:try lowering speed to 25, believe it or not, I have been using that speed with great results. Even though your image is not complex, the material looks like it is. Also, is the textured side down or is it that texture throughout? (meaning there is no smooth side?).

Pat

LOL I am backwards. I cut FASTER when mine messes up not slower.LOL The only thing I cut slow anymore is thick chipboard.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby pigtailpat » July 6th, 2011, 8:16 am

Out of habit, I go slow...........usually from complex images. I will try your way on less complex images and go faster and see what happens.........

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Dana » July 6th, 2011, 9:13 am

Okay.... I will have to figure this out another day. I just went and bought other paper to make my life easier today. Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it and I will revisit this again next week.
Dana

Postby Thyme » July 6th, 2011, 9:44 am

Looks like your blade is either blunt or has card stuck in the holder
Thyme

Postby Dana » July 6th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Hi Dawn.. it's the new one you sent me and I checked for paper in it. It's me today... I'm sure of it. LOL
Dana

Postby Thyme » July 6th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Okie dokie.
Sometimes it is just not a good day to cut, i get them as well
Thyme

Return to General