Print and Cut Calibration Question

Print and Cut Calibration Question

Postby Gail » July 5th, 2011, 8:26 pm

I have been working on Tyler's video all afternoon and I have a question. Looking at my paper in portrait, the very top line on the Y axis is left in. Moving down to the small rectangle, the bottom of the rectangle is left in and the bottom line is left in. I took the y axis down from -24.4 to -23.2 but I still have those dratted lines. Measuring with a mm ruler, it is leaving in 1 mm. So, should be -22.4 instead? Thanks and what a wonderful tutorial....Thanks for doing it.

Gail G
Gail

Re: Print and Cut Calibration Question

Postby CaseysAngel » July 6th, 2011, 7:23 am

I think that is accurate but I am NOT the best at figuring those numbers aat all.LOL Also make sure you are getting the laser point right at each point. That was my problem. I wasn't lining it up right perfectly in the center. You can tell by watching the light change.
CaseysAngel

Postby Gail » July 6th, 2011, 10:01 am

thanks so very much.
Gail

Postby Tyler » July 7th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Hi Gail - I think what you are doing sounds right. If it isn't then it will be 1 mm more off and then you just know to go in the opposite direction. Glad it is helping! It really is a tough thing to do because it is a concept that needs to be understood rather than just a process.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Return to General