Double Sided Adhesive from All That Jazz

Double Sided Adhesive from All That Jazz

Postby Angel135612 » July 4th, 2011, 6:23 pm

I finally started to play with some of my supplies from my Gotta Have It All bundle from All That Jazz. I cut out one inch butterflies put them on the inside of the cards I made yesterday for Card Club, and then put some of my foils that I have had forever on them.. they turned out really nice. The Adhesive sheet cut like a dream.. and I went and order more while the sale is still going on.. (It ends today.. so if you were thinking about getting anything, do it before the sale ends).

I will take some pictures of the butterflies when I get them all finished. I'm using a different foil for each card, and going to use some gold leafing on a couple of them. (I tested the leafing with a test cut I made to make sure I was cutting all the way through.. and it works great for leafing... so there are more ideas going through my head... LOL

I'm wondering how this adhesive would work on water bottles instead of vinyl.... using glitter or foil.... maybe if they don't get washed often it might last.. but not sure how it would hold up to daily use... guess it's time to do some testing.. I won't know if I don't try.

ETA: Okay got all my butterflies on the inside of the cards. I used something different for each one. In order in the picture from left to right I used, Perfect Pearls (didn't care for this on this card stock.. maybe on something darker), a whiteish opalescent foil, (again, didn't care for this on this color card stock) a blue opalescent foil, blue glitter and the last is mulit colored gold leafing. Of all of them, I think I like the three on the right the best.

Inside of card 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Double Sided Adhesive from All That Jazz

Postby Suzan » July 4th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Very very pretty
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 5th, 2011, 12:12 am

Very pretty Diane - I love the leafing - have that same color so recognized it!! They are too cute!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » July 5th, 2011, 4:45 am

very pretty!
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » July 5th, 2011, 5:42 am

Very pretty honey.
CaseysAngel

Postby PennyDuncan » July 5th, 2011, 6:40 am

Those are all very very pretty!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby LisaH » July 5th, 2011, 7:04 am

I think they all are pretty!
LisaH

Postby CeCeCreates » July 5th, 2011, 7:17 am

Very pretty, but funny cuz I like the one on the far left the best! LOL! But, thank goodness we all have different tastes, etc., or what a boring world it would be!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Angel135612 » July 5th, 2011, 8:18 am

Thanks every one for the kind comments.

CeCe, it isn't that I don't like the Perfect Pearls, but I think it would have looked better on darker cardstock. I also thought about using more than one color, and I tried a different blue, but I think the tape was pretty much covered with the first color before I thought about adding a second. I want to get out my PearlEx Powders, and try the interference colors on some black card stock.. that should be an interesting effect.
Angel135612

Postby Phyllis » July 5th, 2011, 8:45 am

Those butterflies are very pretty. I have all the PearlEx powders and have hardly used them. Is there a difference in PearlEX and Perfect Pearls?
Phyllis

Postby granlin » July 5th, 2011, 10:35 am

I love butterflies! That is the first thing I cut on the Cougar. I also bought the double sided paper from Tyler and I used Micro Beads and tested to see if they would stick well and it sure did so I order more beads. Your butterflies are beautiful.
granlin

Cutter: BlackCat 13" Cougar

Postby PennyDuncan » July 5th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Hey Phyllis there is a bit of a difference between PearlEx and Perfect Pearls....they work basically the same way....the only exception is the Perfect Pearls has a binder already incorporated into them....with the PearlEx you'll have to give it something to make it stay....like hairspray, or a fixative....but if you're adding it to things that will usually do the trick....does that make sense????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Angel135612 » July 5th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Granlin... thanks for letting us know about the tiny beads.. I have some, but didn't think to use them on the butterfly, but did wonder if they would hold with that double sided adhesive... so now I'm thinking of cutting out some flowers... and put something for the flower (not sure what to use for that yet, but someone mentioned the flower soft stuff, not sure what it is called)... then cut out a circle or something for the center, and use the tiny gold beads... that would look really cool....
Angel135612

Postby sherri » July 5th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Diane...I use the double sided adhesive and micro glass beads all the time..I LOVE them! Another thing i did that turned out really nice..I would show you but gave it away...I took an 8 x 10 color photo and attached it to the front of an album and completely covered it with the double sided adhesive and then covered it with the clear micro mini beads....they are so tiny...I thought you might not be able to see the photo but you could and it was beautiful!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Suzan » July 5th, 2011, 9:13 pm

That sounds pretty, are they shiny or more of a soft finish.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » July 5th, 2011, 10:12 pm

sherri wrote:Diane...I use the double sided adhesive and micro glass beads all the time..I LOVE them! Another thing i did that turned out really nice..I would show you but gave it away...I took an 8 x 10 color photo and attached it to the front of an album and completely covered it with the double sided adhesive and then covered it with the clear micro mini beads....they are so tiny...I thought you might not be able to see the photo but you could and it was beautiful!

Darn! You have to remember to take pix of stuff before giving it away!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Angel135612 » July 5th, 2011, 11:11 pm

OH.. those tiny clear beads over a photo sound like they would make a great looking stained glass effect.... I may have to search through all my supplies to see if I have any of the clear. A lot of my supplies got boxed up and put in the garage when my BF moved in,(don't even want to think how many years ago that was) and the boxes have been moved around so much I don't know where anything is now. But if I can't find them, I can always buy more... LOL
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » July 5th, 2011, 11:57 pm

sherri wrote:Diane...I use the double sided adhesive and micro glass beads all the time..I LOVE them! Another thing i did that turned out really nice..I would show you but gave it away...I took an 8 x 10 color photo and attached it to the front of an album and completely covered it with the double sided adhesive and then covered it with the clear micro mini beads....they are so tiny...I thought you might not be able to see the photo but you could and it was beautiful!

I have done that too Sherri - have cut out the center of a card, placed a piece of clear contact paper behind the opening, and then put a colored stamped image behind it and the little clear beads on top - it gives an illusion to the image and makes it almost 3D. It's pretty cool. Haven't done that in ages so thanks for reminding me!!

I bet it was really cool over a photo - never would have thought of that!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Tyler » July 7th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Wow - that looks awesome, Diane!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby sherri » July 11th, 2011, 1:26 am

YEP! LOVE micro beads...isn't it strange that Tyler has not found a source for them yet? HINT HINT...LOL
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Next

Return to General