Some questions about the Foil Master and foil

Re: Some questions about the Foil Master and foil

Postby PennyDuncan » July 8th, 2011, 12:33 pm

I know exactly what you mean....and I'm so bad I don't mind anyone looking....LOL I just don't want them touching!!! ROFL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Tyler » July 8th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Ya know, I have just learned to remember that the reason I got stuff was to use it. It does no good if it's just sitting there - at least someone was able to enjoy themselves with it! :-)

But then again, it was your stuff lol
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Suzan » July 8th, 2011, 3:35 pm

I am so bad, No one ever but me has touched my Cougar, literally or the mats. About the only thing I allow is my kitties to lay by it and guard it. And they love to watch me cut. I figure, if I do something to it, bad me, if they do, watch out.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » July 8th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Suzan wrote:I am so bad, No one ever but me has touched my Cougar, literally or the mats. About the only thing I allow is my kitties to lay by it and guard it. And they love to watch me cut. I figure, if I do something to it, bad me, if they do, watch out.

My ds is anxious to play with my Cougar!!!!!!!! He's at camp for another week, but NO! I told him he can play with the Gazelle! He's my techno geek, and he wants to play with the best!
JeannetteC

Postby Tyler » July 8th, 2011, 5:11 pm

I think I like your son!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Angel135612 » July 8th, 2011, 8:08 pm

CAGigi wrote: I am really trying to either USE the saved stuff or give it to someone who WILL use it - I mean if it has been here for over a year and I have not used it, how special can it be??!!?? :o :ROFLMBO:

Well, Gigi, IF you aren't going to use it... I will take it off your hands... LMAO. I think your stuff would be pretty special, and that special occasion just hasn't presented itself yet. But if you are really tired of looking at it and won't use it just send it may way.. (especially the Foil Master after the newness has worn off, and you just don't know what you were thinking when you bought it... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :D :D
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » July 8th, 2011, 8:25 pm

I go ahead and let her use it, but I dig in the trash can after she's gone to save the remnants that she discards....I can always use it for something. That month she was working on her Wedding Scrapbook and if that isn't special, I don't know what is. I was able to find most of it and restock. But it did get me to rethink things and quit saving (hoarding) all my stuff. My grandmother did that, saving everything for a special occassion, and I always teased her about it. I use my china and silver and the "good" stuff whenever I feel like it, but for some reason my craft stuff I want to hoard. I guess you can tell what I think is valuable!

When DS was in 3rd grade, his school has a dinner in which parents supply the sterling silver and fine china. The kids learn etiquette and it is a really big deal. I was in charge of getting the silver and china from parents. I remember one parent I asked was appalled that I would ask her to use her china. "It cost XX amount of $$ per place setting!" All I could think of was that if you are that scared to use it, why did you get it. I could understand if it was an heirloom, but geez, my china is replaceable. Believe me, those kids were careful...they were not throwing it across the room! So I guess I need to take that lesson and use my craft stuff. Every day is special and every moment is special....
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » July 8th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Angel135612 wrote:
CAGigi wrote: I am really trying to either USE the saved stuff or give it to someone who WILL use it - I mean if it has been here for over a year and I have not used it, how special can it be??!!?? :o :ROFLMBO:

Well, Gigi, IF you aren't going to use it... I will take it off your hands... LMAO. I think your stuff would be pretty special, and that special occasion just hasn't presented itself yet. But if you are really tired of looking at it and won't use it just send it may way.. (especially the Foil Master after the newness has worn off, and you just don't know what you were thinking when you bought it... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :D :D

Good try , Diane!!! But I'm not that nice!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Trust me - the stuff I am parting with you wouldn't want!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kim » July 9th, 2011, 1:54 pm

I have been eyeing the Foil Master for awhile now, but one thing has held me back and that is getting the foil. And I really resent that Penny is getting one and I will have to look at all the wonderful things that she will do with it, because that is just going to make me want it more. :D I thought I was doing really well on not running out to order it. It is getting harder and harder.

I do have something that has some kind of glue/heat gun or something for foiling, but can you tell how often I used it...I can't even tell you where it is or how to use it because I didn't like it the one time I tried it. At least not for what I want it for. Right now I need to get my priorities straight and the thing I need to work on right now is somekind of shelving for my room. I've run out of floor space and I need to start on getting storage on my walls. Just trying to find something reasonable and easy, and lots of storage space for the little stuff, like all my alcohol inks, glitter, etc.
kim

Postby CaseysAngel » July 10th, 2011, 10:35 am

The foil from DAwn is AMAZING. I have yet to find any that is better but Texscraft is pretty good as well. I think I have let it out of the bag I have the foil master and I can't tell you how wonderfully amazing that baby is. I am absolutely LOVING It. The possibilities with it are so endless. I did a candle with it the other day . I haven't exactly mastered putting the paper back in the printer EXACTLY so it will do the second color but I am getting there!!!!

I am working on some video's for it and when I get several done I will start posting them. The baby sort of threw me off track just a little, I'm not complaining though :wink: and I had the crop to get ready for so it's taking me a little longer than I thought but I'm hoping to be ready in the next few weeks. Maybe those will help you as well!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » July 10th, 2011, 1:18 pm

I have my foil on order from Dawn, and did see some at Texascraft but wasnt sure if it was "as good" - helps to have something more local in a pinch (although I think I ordered enough to last a LONG time! LOL)

I just received my FoilMaster yesterday and I am loving it - just have to remember to change the print to black so it doesn't color combine the black - it's amazing. Cannot wait to use it a lot more and will look forward to Christy's videos...
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kim » July 10th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Oh GREAT...even more ENABLING! :ROFLMBO: If DH even had a clue that this is where all the enabling was coming from, he would probably ban me from here. Or maybe not...he is liking some of my projects.

My niece (you know, the one that likes to come over all the time) has been eyeing my Cougar. The other day she made a comment about when she gets to use it. I'm not sure I'm ready for sharing my Cougar. I have cut things for her, but actually letting her USE my baby?? I'm not so worried about her hurting my baby, but more worried about her NEVER leaving. Don't get me wrong...I love her and I wouldn't have a problem with her living here...she almost did but they bumped the wedding date up so that she could just move in with her fiancee. But I am talking about the kind of living here where she monopolizes my baby.
kim

Postby Ladyzilver » July 10th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Looking forward to see the videos of the Foil Master!
Ladyzilver

Previous

Return to General