Cutting to Cougar with SCAL 3? Anyone done yet?

Re: Cutting to Cougar with SCAL 3? Anyone done yet?

Postby Suzan » May 19th, 2011, 10:22 am

CaseysAngel wrote:I just got SCAL 3 for the cougar Last night. I haven't had much time to play with it but I have cut to it once with no issues. I don't like that it doesn't have a laser option but LOVE that it has a cougar mat and that you can type ON the mat. That's awesome. Will try and play more this afternoon.

I'm not very helpful am I? lol

Not a bit Christy, I mean gosh with all those videos you have made us, and taking care and helping others during the floods, and still helping with us. No not helpful at all! NOT. I wish I could pick things up 1/10 th as quick as you.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Phyllis » May 19th, 2011, 10:27 am

Thyme wrote:I am going to contact Brandon about this.
In the meantime, If it crashes, it should write a log file (SCAL_BlackCatLog.txt) to your Desktop. can you send me that file

Dawn, are you talking to me? Mine didn't crash, it just said "sending to Cougar" or something like that but never cut. I do have the online offline thing figured out and it was online. I still am trying to figure out where it's going to cut on the mat but I had a 12 x 12 piece of card stock on the mat so was just trying to make it cut where ever it chose to.
Phyllis

Postby Tyler » May 19th, 2011, 10:37 am

You may also want to check your Br settings to make sure they are set at 38400 on your computer and your machine. I will have to check out SCAL 3 more. I do like the mat thing a lot!!! Like Christy, I wish it could cut with the laser. I also really wish it had keyboard shortcuts for everything like MTC does. I really do not like having to randomly select the tools with the mouse. :-)
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Thyme » May 19th, 2011, 10:42 am

Yes you are!!
Thyme

Postby MeFlick » May 19th, 2011, 11:17 am

Still patiently waiting on SCAL Support to help. They did acknowledge last night that they were backlogged a bit due to the $&!# hitting the proverbial fan with the lawsuit settlement this week with that company that shall not be named. They did suggest that they would need to send me another build to see if they can find out why it is reporting that my cougar cannot be found. :( I am awaiting receipt of that at this time. Will keep you updated if anything changes.

Angel135612 - you will have to purchase SCAL 3 I am afraid. They charged to upgrade from SCAL 1 to 2 (and now 3) but if you already have SCAL 2 that upgrade is FREE - for at least a limited time it says. HTH
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby MeFlick » May 19th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Okay - I downloaded the Trial of SCAL 3 for Mac to my mac laptop. It installed successfully. I can access the software and use its functionality UNTIL I try to cut to my Cougar with it. Same problem as I had with my PC version of SCAL 3. It cannot find my Cougar machine! Machine is set up, online with baud rate checked, etc.

I then went back to my PC laptop with my MTC software on it and hooked that back up to my Cougar and sent a test cut file from my PC again to my cougar from MTC. MTC finds my cougar and cuts to it as it always has. I am using same usb cable, same usb plugin spot on the computer with both MTC and SCAL. Obviously can't try MTC from my MAC computer as Andy doesn't find it necessary to create a MAC version. So I know computer, usb plug and cable and Cougar are talking to each other and working with MTC (can also get Cricut machine to to work with this PC and MTC).

I have sent an updated email to Brandon to let him know this as well. Thanks.

On the same note - Dawn has created a post in the Software -->Sure Cuts A Lot discussion area of this forum for anyone to post to if they are having problems with their Cougars/Lynx and SCAL 3 so that she can better monitor the problems with Brandon. You can find that post (SCAL Problems) here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=114

As a result, I will be posting any further updates there for anyone looking for more information.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby CaseysAngel » May 20th, 2011, 8:15 am

weird. I did nothing but install scal and cut. I have only cut something from basic shapes but it worked great.

Are you all trying to set the speed and such through the software? I don't do that. Maybe that is the difference though I don't know. It might be worth a shot though. This is the box I uncheck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaseysAngel

Postby conicuts » May 20th, 2011, 2:48 pm

I also asked this on the Scal forum but no one has replied.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the upgrade to 3 link to work?

I have SCAL 2 and if I can't get the 3 upgrade will it still cut to my cougar?

I've played around with it a little bit and I love that it has node editing right in the software! :)
Image<---- Cut by Connie's projects are Cougar cut...
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Cutter: 16" Black Cat Cougar

Postby Thyme » May 20th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Connie, is it the windows version you are after?
I've uploaded it to one of my servers, try this - http://thymegraphics.dyndns.org/Software/SureCutsALot_3_002.zip
Thyme

Postby karenl3912 » May 20th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Dawn,
Where do I go to find Scal3? Is it the craft edge site? I want to get it from them not someone who sells it for them. Thank you.
Karen.
karenl3912

Postby Thyme » May 20th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Hi karen,
Yes its the craft edge site here - http://www.craftedge.com/index.html
Thyme

Postby conicuts » May 20th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Thyme wrote:Connie, is it the windows version you are after?
I've uploaded it to one of my servers, try this - http://thymegraphics.dyndns.org/Software/SureCutsALot_3_002.zip

Hi Dawn,
Yes, Windows... I've got SCAL 2 and have been trying to get the free upgrade to 3 but none of craft edge website links are working. They are all timing out, which I'm sure is because their so busy.
I do have SCAL 3 but it is only in Demo Mode and not registered. I guess I wouldn't really need it if the 2 version cuts to the cougar.
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Postby Thyme » May 20th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Connie, have you tried downloading it from my link above? I had no problems getting the download direct from Scal, but maybe my server will not time out on you.
You won't be able to cut from Scal2, you do need the upgrade
Thyme

Postby conicuts » May 20th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Thyme wrote:Connie, have you tried downloading it from my link above? I had no problems getting the download direct from Scal, but maybe my server will not time out on you.
You won't be able to cut from Scal2, you do need the upgrade

No, I didn't try, will now. Thanks Dawn!

Edit..Ok, downloaded fine from your server. Not to sound stupid, but how do I use it? I uninstalled the trial copy I had of version 3 and now I have the version 2 registered copy on my pc. Any help would be appreciated.
Cut by Connie
SVGcuts
DigiScrapKits
Lettering Delights
conicuts

Postby Thyme » May 21st, 2011, 4:20 am

You should be able to take the license number from version 2 and use it in version 3
Thyme

Postby rachellann » May 21st, 2011, 12:03 pm

here is a link to those who have version 2 what you need to do is enter your name , email and the serial of your version2 from there you reciecve an email with a link to download and a serial for the version3 it is different than your version 2
http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craft ... grade3.php
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby rachellann » May 21st, 2011, 12:07 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:weird. I did nothing but install scal and cut. I have only cut something from basic shapes but it worked great.

Are you all trying to set the speed and such through the software? I don't do that. Maybe that is the difference though I don't know. It might be worth a shot though. This is the box I uncheck.

tried that christy work for two cut now wont cut to the cougar at all have sent information to dawn
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » May 21st, 2011, 8:20 pm

Just so everyone knows if you want to buy SCAL Beanie sells it on her blog She is a member here if you guys want to support her.

it www.beaniestagyourit.blogspot.com I THINK. If that don't work let me know.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby MeFlick » May 21st, 2011, 8:31 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:weird. I did nothing but install scal and cut. I have only cut something from basic shapes but it worked great.

I have tried it both ways with that box checked and unchecked multiple times, and everything else I can think to check and look at including the baud rate which is set correct in software and on the machine. Still no go. Message - cannot find the Cougar! :( Still waiting to hear from SCAL Support.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Angel135612 » May 21st, 2011, 10:12 pm

I downloaded SCAL3 and installed it, opened it up to get a look around, and while there are some things I like about it, like a mat that looks like my Cougar mat, there are some things that remind me too much of DS... and I hate that program. I think I will pass on buying SCAL, and wait until Dawn releases her software.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

PreviousNext

Return to General