Laser Printer Info??

Re: Laser Printer Info??

Postby PennyDuncan » July 3rd, 2011, 2:46 pm

Angel135612 wrote:Penny, I have that same exact laser printer!! You will have to let me know how that works with the Foil Master... and of course show us all the cool things you create with it.

Isn't it AWESOME!!! I will DEFINATELY let you know how it does!!! I know my Foil Master is traveling it's way to me thanks to Sherri's FAST AND AWESOME Customer Service!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » July 3rd, 2011, 4:44 pm

I KNOW one is coming your way - that is why I said what I did and know you are SO excited.

And you answered one of my questions. I was actually considering the HP 2025 because it is wireless and that would make things SO much easier..... but wondered if the black would be "black enough". I already have an all in one inkjet so dont really need to go that route, although it would be nice to copy directly to the laser. Hmmm. Will have to check that one out as well. You guys are getting me into so much trouble!

You Penny have the benefit of being able to design - I have absolutely NO ability to draw, but I still have started dreaming about the many different things that could be done with the Foil Master - my restraint is rapidly waning! (and I didn't have much to begin with!!) :ROFLMBO:

I plan to run to Office Depot Tuesday to see what I can find - will report back on how much trouble I did or didn't get into!! :hide:

Editing because I just had a thought!! I could stamp an image, then copy and print and make some amazing foiled stamped images - how much fun would that be??!!?? Oh I think I am a goner for sure!! I may not be able to wait until Tuesday!! :banghead: :banghead: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » July 3rd, 2011, 6:57 pm

LOL Gigi... yes, you don't have to design things yourself, you can use images that you already have. What about taking an SVG into Inkscape or AI, removing the fill, and making the stroke thicker.. then print that out on the laser and run it through the Foil Master. I think that would look awesome, with some images.

I tried to use my glue pen earlier, but I couldn't get the glue to come out... I think I left it sitting unused for too long and it dried up. Now I'm debating if I want to get another one, same brand or try a different brand of glue pen and see how it would work. I really should start using all the stuff that I thought would be fun to play with, instead of just looking at it sitting on my shelf unused. LOL One or the thoughts I had about trying to the glue pen would be to use the Eggbot hatch fill in Inkscape, to "fill in" a design, use the glue pen instead of an engraver, and have an image that is drawn in glue.. then add the foil to it when it has dried enough to add foil... But since my glue pen is dry, I can't experiment with it and see how it would work.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 3rd, 2011, 7:25 pm

That is a very cool idea Diane - I love it. I bet that would be beautiful. Which brand of glue pen were you using? Just curious as I have several (I know that surprises you!! :o )

Just in general, I have had the best luck with the Tombow glue pen - I just really like it and seem to get it to keep working until it runs out. But I have not tried it with foil. Will let you know.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » July 3rd, 2011, 8:34 pm

The pen I had is the Write N Rub from Tonerex. It is not supposed to clog the tip, but I think I have had it for so many years, that the glue just dried up. They are guaranteed not to dry up for 2 years, but I know I had it a lot longer than that.

I wanted to try one by Sakura the Quickie Glue pen, those sound like they would be good. I may have to give the Tombow one a try also. What I liked about the Write N Rub, is you can write something with the glue, let it dry, and then apply your glitter or foil, so you don't mess up your writing while the glue is wet.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » July 3rd, 2011, 9:14 pm

LOL Oh Gigi I can't wait to hear about your trip to Office Depot.....just so you know...that's where I got my HP from!! What a great idea to stamp and scan your image...then you can reuse it over and over and over.....AND you can then resize it!!!! I knew you knew I had already gotten the Foil Master...I just had to put that out there again!!! ;)

I love the idea of the glue pen Diane...very clever.....I just wonder if it would remain sticky once all the drawing was done.......to stick the foil to it......
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » July 3rd, 2011, 11:46 pm

Angel135612 wrote:The pen I had is the Write N Rub from Tonerex. It is not supposed to clog the tip, but I think I have had it for so many years, that the glue just dried up. They are guaranteed not to dry up for 2 years, but I know I had it a lot longer than that.

I wanted to try one by Sakura the Quickie Glue pen, those sound like they would be good. I may have to give the Tombow one a try also. What I liked about the Write N Rub, is you can write something with the glue, let it dry, and then apply your glitter or foil, so you don't mess up your writing while the glue is wet.

I wondered if those were the pens you were talking about. I found one that still works - I think my others are over 2 yrs too - I did the vacuum thing with the cap and that didn't help. I am trying the Sakura Quickie glue pen and the Tombow to see if they work as well. I know if you let them just dry them become repositionable -so they may work! Stay tuned!! LOL

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » July 4th, 2011, 12:06 am

Penny, the Write N Rub glue pens do remain sticky, in fact they tell you to let the glue dry before adding the foil or glitter.... and say that you can even draw your design, and let it sit for days before adding the foil or glitter (Just don't put something on top of it... LOL)

When I used the pen I had (before it dried up) I loved that I could sit and draw for as long as I wanted, and didn't have to hurry to get glitter or foil on what I was doing... and I could wait until I was ready to use it, to decide on what color I wanted, if I needed a color to go with a certain project. I found some of the pens on ebay (the company is in the UK) for a very good price... 10 for $45... the ones I found selling them here want $9.99 for ONE pen... that is way too much in my opinion. But not sure I would use 10 of them in 2 years (they are guaranteed not to dry up for 2 years)
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » July 4th, 2011, 12:22 am

OH OH OH - NEWS FLASH!!!

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Can you tell I am excited??!!?? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Just did a trial with the three pens mentioned above - all three were perfect - in fact the Sakura Quickie glue pen and Tombow did as good a job as the Write n Rub !!! How cool is that?? I just drew a simple line and let them dry.

If you want me to take a photo of a sample I will write a word and foil it with each of the three - I am so thrilled!!

That makes a much more reasonable way to do the small things. What would worry me about using the glue pen in the Cat is that you would have to be sure the wheels would not go over the design. So I guess you would just have to be sure to position the origin in between the wheels and be sure they wouldn't run over it in the process.

But.....that doesn't dampen my excitement about the pens!! LOL YIPPEE!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Thyme » July 4th, 2011, 5:08 am

And for those of you considering the Foil Master, you might want to take a look here - http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/proddeta ... lingAround
Please ignore some of the odd spelling errors, the website was having a bad day!
Thyme

Postby pigtailpat » July 4th, 2011, 6:42 am

I'm with Dana

I'm not looking, not looking, not looking......

Dawn, shame on you.......!

I confess, I peeked, and I am totally wow'd.

But, I must definitely get my machine paid off..........if I wait too long and sherri is then out..I will just have to wait like I waited for the cougar..no harm..
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Thyme » July 4th, 2011, 7:25 am

pigtailpat wrote:
Dawn, shame on you.......!

lol!!!!!
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » July 4th, 2011, 8:30 am

Gigi, I would love to see how they each look with the foil on them. I really want to get another glue pen and try some things with that in the cutter. I can't justify the Foil Master right now, nor do I have a place to put it... so I will have to be content with glue pens and my cougar.

You are right, you would need to be very careful not to let the pinch wheels run over your design... but with my 24 inch baby, I think I would be able to manage that... and still get some decent sized designs. LOL (hummmm maybe I do need that 10 pack of Write N Rub pens after all... I may go through them a lot faster than I realize if I can draw with them in my cougar... LOL)
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » July 4th, 2011, 8:54 am

OMG!!! I LOVE the samples Dawn!!!! Made my mouth water!!!! I will DEFINATELY be checking in to those pens though.....I've never tried any of those but am always interested in a GOOD glue pen!!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Tyler » July 4th, 2011, 11:36 am

I get toner refills online. And I alternate between new cartridge after 2 refills. Each cartridge lasts about 1000 pages. With laser printers you do have to worry about more than just the ink though, which is a draw back (fusee, transfer roller system, imaging belt, etc)
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Previous

Return to General