Print & Cut Alignment Problem

Print & Cut Alignment Problem

Postby kcjb » November 15th, 2020, 1:50 am

Hi there,
Haven't been here for a long time but know there's a wealth of knowledge to be found (especially the amazing Gigi!). I fire up my cutter just a few times a year now and decided to use the print + cut this evening to print out some holiday tags. I have had success with this many times before but tonight I'm stumped.
Everything looks great on the screen and also printed --- registration marks appear as they should. Once on my mat, I go through the same steps as I always have and set the three registration points. But for some strange reason, the resulting cut isn't accurate. I've attached a couple of photos ----the screen and what my cut looks like.
I've read some older posts about the pinch wheel alignment and this isn't an issue. I also reset my machine (held down the button that is centered between the four arrows on the key pad). I just installed Update 5.045 just prior to all of this.
What am I doing wrong? I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this darn thing out! LOL!
Thank you!
~Jennifer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kcjb

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Re: Print & Cut Alignment Problem

Postby mmhockeyfan » November 15th, 2020, 5:22 am

Hi,
You might need to recalibrate your machine. The software update might’ve thrown off your settings.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby kcjb » November 15th, 2020, 10:43 am

Good morning. Thank you for your reply! It has been quite a while (unfortunately) since I have used my cutter. Is there a link on to how to perform the calibration?

I seem to recall going through the process when I initially setup the machine. I can't seem to find those directions now...ugh.

~Jennifer
kcjb

Postby mmhockeyfan » November 15th, 2020, 11:20 am

Here’s a link to a YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPxlUuDMvAI
mmhockeyfan

Postby kcjb » November 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm

That did the trick! Whew! Thank you mmhockeyfan...that was of most help and is a huge relief! Back to the project!

~Jennifer
kcjb

Postby mmhockeyfan » November 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm

That's good news!! Welcome
mmhockeyfan

Postby Gigi » November 25th, 2020, 11:21 pm

Glad you got it worked out. When a print and cut is off, it is almost always fixed by recalibrating the machine. The software actually walked you through the process pretty well.

Glad there were others here to help you out. Thank you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General