Creating a dotted line

Creating a dotted line

Postby ladysif » August 23rd, 2020, 12:52 pm

I'm trying to cut a dotted line that I created on scal4pro. Unfortunately it only is a single line for the cut and I need into to have a shape. Because of the size of the project it would take hours to do each dash hand drawn. Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ladysif

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24 inch

Re: Creating a dotted line

Postby Gigi » August 23rd, 2020, 1:00 pm

Just draw the shape that you want and choose the dotted or dash line in the drop down menu. See photo. Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Creating a dotted line

Postby SandieGeek » April 10th, 2021, 10:01 pm

Hi ladysif,

I think I understand what you are trying to achieve. Usually I like that look around tags and once layer on a different color cardstock it creates that faux sewn look.

What I do, after setting the dash line style and the width, I disable the grid, take a screenshot of the shape and then I import that image and trace it. Like this machine will cut the thickness that you set up for the dashed lines. Try and take your screenshot as close as possible to the shape so that once you re-adjust the size you can use the original shape size.

You can also export the dashed shape as a PNG and then reimport it, however, some dash lines get distorted in the process and will need to be addressed manually. In the PNG Export Options select "Selection Only" and "Crop" and under Background choose the "Transparent" options. Once you import the PNG, you will need to delete the PRINT layer and only keep the CUT layer. The CUT layer may import as no color and therefore appear invisible. Simply select the layer and change the color so that it's visible on the screen.

IMPORTANT - when using PNGs, ALWAYS use the import option and NOT drag and drop. Using the import option will create the cut layer. The drag and drop will simply put the imagine on your cutting software and you will need to use the trace function.

Hope this helps.
SandieGeek

Cutter: Professional 13

Return to General