New Group forming on Facebook

New Group forming on Facebook

Postby Gigi » January 30th, 2020, 11:46 am

Due to many requests, Sherri and staff have created a group on Facebook for Silver Bullet users and all those interested. The hope is that more people will come and share projects and tips and tricks and just talk about what they are creating with their machines. It will be a place for inspiration and help as well. Questions of all kinds are welcome and as always, Sherri can be reached via email (info@silverbulletcutters.com) or by phone (1-877-627-1199). Feel free to join as everyone is welcome. It is a small group now but has a lot of potential for growing and becoming quite active.

For now the forum will remain as there is a lot of good information here and i would hate to lose all of that, but we will see how things progress. If you need help, but guess is that you will get quicker help here, but as more people move over to Facebook that could change. Just trying new things to reach owners and prospective buyers in the best way(s).

I know people are divided about Facebook, but I will say I do not personally have a Facebook page - don't want it! But I do belong to quite a few groups on Facebook and get great information on everything from instant pot recipes to diamond painting to cutting files - and more. So much to choose from. So don't feel like you have to create a page. You can hide your profile and just join group(s). If you need help, lmk

Just go to Facebook and search for "Silver Bullet Cutters Group" and it will come right up - if you are interested. Thanks!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: New Group forming on Facebook

Postby mmhockeyfan » January 31st, 2020, 9:01 am

I totally get the move and I'm so bummed. I prefer to be anonymous on the Web and won't be joining you guys on Facebook because Facebook will want my personal information. I know this from a prior experience with them. The other issues we've heard about Facebook in the news scare me even more. Glad the forum will remain for now. :)
On another note, would Sherri consider going to Creativation next year? I think that would be great exposure for the Silver Bullet.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2020, 9:51 am

I am on Facebook groups and have no personal info on there - but it's up to you. I totally understand your feelings and I will share with Sherri. She is just trying new things.

And Creativation is not the best vehicle for her at this time. I know she thought about it in the past, but the sheer volume would be overwhelming! But again, I will share with her. Thank you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby mmhockeyfan » January 31st, 2020, 10:06 am

Thanks! Yup Creativation seems tiring based on the YouTube videos I’ve seen. I don’t know how those demonstrators do it for three days straight.
I hope the FB group works out because this is a wonderful machine and people who don’t own one are missing out.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2020, 10:10 am

I agree with you on the machine - it's the best! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » January 31st, 2020, 12:01 pm

Gigi - can you share how you can belong to Facebook groups without having a Facebook profile and not share any personal info. on Facebook? I am interested if I can do that, but I also don't have and won't have a Facebook page. My husband does have one that he set up years ago and never uses, so I have used that to look at things on Facebook when I wanted, but don't use it to join private groups since it is his page. I can use it to see Public groups, but not private groups since I would have to "join" the group with his Facebook account (or so I thought - maybe not? hmmmm . .. . . interested in learning more.)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2020, 12:16 pm

I put in the minimal information that I could (name and email) - I could have created a username but didn't and I set up settings so the information can only be seen by me! So if I post something people can see it, but they cannot see any info on me - and I don't have much on there to see anyway!! And maybe I am just fooling myself, but I think I am at least semi hidden. I have a ton of suggestions for friend connections but I just ignore them! And I did not fill out any of the bio information - again nothing super identifiable.

I held off for all of the same reasons you and others have, but then I wanted to jump into some of those groups that had a lot of info and I honestly haven't seen a downside - yet. I ignore a lot and rarely post - just pull the info I want! Hope that helps......

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » January 31st, 2020, 1:40 pm

:bighug: Thanks Gigi.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2020, 2:43 pm

You are very welcome! :) :bighug: Back atcha!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General