Machine not recognized

Machine not recognized

Postby waigmacker » November 21st, 2019, 2:09 am

I've been cutting for a lil over yr & all of a sudden my machine isn't being recognized. I have a Silver Bullet Pro using SCAL Ver 5; which I have done the latest updates
I have tried all of the following:
Unplugging USB
Changing USB cords 3 times
Resetting machine by holding down the origin button
Uninstalling & reinstalling SCAL
Tried 2 different laptops - same thing happens
Changed ports by plugging the USB into a different 1 on both laptops - 3 USBs on each laptop
Repair driver, install driver again from SCAL main software, updated all drivers in my entire system using device manager
Emailed software support but there are absolutely no help whatsoever.
If anyone has any ideas at this point please let me know. Thank you Wanda
waigmacker

Cutter: Pro Series

Re: Machine not recognized

Postby Gigi » November 21st, 2019, 9:51 am

Just want to ask a few questions to clarify. Does the machine turn on normally and respond to its own controls without the computer. Just trying to rule out a few things.

I am a little stumped but going to think about this a while. Do you have a serial port connector? Just wondering if it will connect that way. That is one way to rule out if it is the usb connector on the machine that has become corrupt since you have tried other usb cords and ports. So wondering if you can connect via serial port. That seems the only thing you have not tried.

You have done just about everything else I can think of that would normally fix an issue. I am hoping the serial port connection may be the one thing that will work and that the usb connection on the machine is not working. I believe the machines are still shipped with optional serial port cords so am hoping you have that. Fingers crossed.

Will check back to see if you have made any progress and will keep thinking in the meantime.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General