Returning to cutting after an absence...

Returning to cutting after an absence...

Postby gardencat » October 22nd, 2019, 11:26 am

Hi,
I bought a cutter from Sherri several years ago (Blackcat Cougar) and used it a lot, for a couple of years, then because of a changing family situation, I had to give up my craft space and pack away my cutter. Now I am finally able to reclaim some space and I’m in the process of unpacking craft stuff and setting up again.
Coming back to different boards, and places, I used to go for cutter related info and help I’ve discovered that there have been some major changes in the craft cutting landscape.
I’m wondering if Blackcat cutters are still supported and, if I run into problems is this somewhere where I could maybe get some help.

Also I was using MTC software and I gather that it is no longer the software that most people are using. I guess I could buy SCAL to replace MTC, if I have to, but don’t want to do that till I am confident that my old system can get up and running.

Can anyone fill me in on what is happening with Blackcat these days and if those cutters are still supported with technical help and comparable supplies ?
gardencat

Re: Returning to cutting after an absence...

Postby Gigi » October 22nd, 2019, 11:39 am

Will try to answer all of your questions. You can still use MTC if that is what you are comfortable with - no problem. A lot of people have switched to SCAL because they have continued to grow the program, but you can switch over in time - or not at all. Your preference. We just do not support it here, but there are still plenty of users utilizing tha software.

There are no longer supplies being manufactured for the Cougar - the blades and mats Sherri carries still work with the Cougar, but if any of the major parts go out (like the motherboard or LED) she no longer carries the stock to replace them as those parts are no longer manufactured. Let's hope you are not in need of those anytime soon.

If you have further questions or any issues, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome back to the world of cutting!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby gardencat » October 22nd, 2019, 2:57 pm

Thanks for your response. It’s probably going to be another week or so before I have everything set up but it’s nice to know that there are some people who might be able to help if I run into problems. I feel like I’ve forgotten so much.
gardencat

Postby Gigi » October 22nd, 2019, 3:29 pm

Of course - we are happy to help. Just let us know if you need it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General