Is this forum dead?

Is this forum dead?

Postby webtrekker » August 22nd, 2019, 6:24 am

Hi. I've made a few posts in the hope that this forum would be a good replacement for the now defunct UK forum, but it seems too quiet in here to just pass it off as people on holiday etc.

I hope it's just a phase as there seems to be little support now for the Silver Bullet, along with a few bad reviews on the internet.
webtrekker

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Is this forum dead?

Postby MeFlick » August 22nd, 2019, 7:54 am

No, it is not dead. It does not have a lot of regular activity with daily posts. It can go in spurts. Sometimes it will have several at once, and then not have any for days. Like most “forums” I participate in the “regular” posting and sharing of projects has dwindled to be nonexistent most of the time. A lot of crafters have moved to Facebook groups for “sharing” from what I have seen. However, for help and support, people still come here. I still check in here almost everyday, usually couple times a day. There is plenty of help and support for the Silver Bullet here and direct from Sherri for those who buy from her. I have not seen any bad reviews on the Internet but I am sure there were unhappy people in the UK when Dawn went out of business.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » August 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am

Just to echo what Melanie said - this forum is not dead....just quiet a lot of the time. When we first started out, we had a lot of crafters who were sharing projects, and we were all learning about the machine together We still have crafters who are doing their own thing and we also have hundreds of business corporations who are using the machine for all sorts of things that the average person might not even consider. They are not going to post to the forum about their projects, but they may come here to search a topic if they are having issues, or post if having an issue.

As Melanie said, we get spurts of a lot of traffic, especially around the holidays and often this time of year as school resumes and "adults" have more time for themselves to pursue their own interests! And yes, there is a Facebook group specifically for the SB as well as Facebook groups for ALL cutting machines where a lot of people go to share projects. That does seem to be the preferred way these days. Also a lot of us are posting projects on Instagram. So there are lots of places to share and/or get ideas. But this is the best place to come for support and Melanie and I do our best to respond as quickly as possible.

We appreciate the projects you have shared lately and hope you will continue to share. That often spurs others to share as well.

Thank you for your interest.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby webtrekker » August 22nd, 2019, 5:33 pm

Thanks for the fast and detailed replies.

Yes, the sudden disappearance of the UK forum took a lot of us by surprise. I do realise why it happened though and that it was through necessity, not choice.

Sadly (or not!) I don't do facebook, never have and never will, so I'll have to pass on that. My loss, I suppose, but principles are principles.

I used to post a lot in the UK forum and was hoping to continue here, so I'll just bite the bullet (pun intended!) and see how it goes.
webtrekker

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby Gigi » August 22nd, 2019, 9:05 pm

I understand your feelings about Facebook. I have joined a few (very few) groups on Facebook to learn different things, but I don't really engage there and do not have a personal page. I have had some fun with Instagram tho because it is easier than keeping up my blog which I still try to do.

Our forum used to be super active and it may be again. During the summer it is usually quiet, as you surmised, because people are busy with families, vacations, etc. It may pick up a little again as the fall schedules resume and there is more time for "other" things.

Please feel free to continue to post what you are creating. Who knows - you may get others in the mood to post more and share. I always love seeing what people are creating and am in awe of the amazing creativity from each and every person.

Look forward to seeing more from you - and feel free to post as much as you like. Thanks for your interest.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby dlhill » August 26th, 2019, 6:10 am

What is the silverbullet fb page? I would love to join that!
Denise
paperpastime.com
scal 3 Lynx Inkscape
dlhill

Cutter: Blackcat lynx

Postby Gigi » August 26th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Hi Denise -

Here is the Facebook page for the Silver Bullet. https://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletCutters/ There are several of us who are also doing a lot of posting on Instagram with projects - you can search for #silverbulletcutters #silverbulletplatinum to see who is posting and you are welcome to follow any of us of course. If you would like the instagram names I can list those here as well.

Thanks for your interest, as always.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » August 27th, 2019, 7:14 am

Gig, I think you forgot to post the link to the Facebook page. At least, I don’t see it but I am on a small screen so maybe I am missing it.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » August 27th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Oops!!! That's what I get for multi-taxing!!

Just edited the post - thank you!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sherri » September 10th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Why would a person come on to this forum and complain it is dead or dying? Why would a person come on this forum and say there are bad reviews on the Internet. What purpose does this serve the people of this forum who are here to learn or the ones that are here to help? Yes, there WERE a LOT Of people who complained when the UK forum just closed over night and it left people no where to go...including Dawn's own customers. It was requested I help her customers. I DID agree to do that and I have. Dawn has had a few people come to this forum under different names to advertise they still sell products in the UK...specifically the replacement blades and mats. I was FINE with that. What I was NOT fine with is when those very people make these negative remarks to make Silver Bullet now look bad. The U.S. side of things as well as the AU. side of things are doing just FINE! I took over the AU. side of things and there has not been a blip on the screen for any of us. A PRIVATE group was started and some of the UK people were invited to that closed group. It continues to this day. DAWN IS very much a part of it. I would think all of the people who have been abandonded by Dawn would be glad to be here to get help and participate. I am hearing otherwise. So that this negative energy does not continue to disrupt the customers that Jo in AU. and I have we will not be allowing anyone that has not purchased from Jo or myself on the forum. If you are currently here and reside here to take information back to the UK private group you will be banned as soon as we figure it out. I swore I would never do this but I am so tired of all of the negative energy and I don't think our true customers should have to deal with the nastiness. Please take this as a warning. If you post anything negative it will be removed and you will be banned. Contrary to popular belief the reason I banned the discussion about non-compliant mats had nothing to do with my making money of mats. I am in BUSINESS to make money. I refer people to anything that can save them money....if it is a different mat or blade I will tell them. They will STILL be my customer and be grateful I am being so honest.....it was instead because the mats that were being discussed were NOT available, had not been tested by me and I have no idea if they work in the machine. I will NOT put my seal of approval on anything that does not get tested by me first. I have to stand behind this machine so anything that is going to be used in it will gt my inspection before my approval. I have told people for YEARS to use the cricut mat to get the 40% discount, When you have an issue with cutting slip a Silver Bullet mat in...see that the mat was the problem and switch to a new cricut mat....
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Return to General