Images won't transfer from Illustrator

Images won't transfer from Illustrator

Postby pattyvadalia » March 3rd, 2019, 4:53 pm

Hi,
Using Mac Book Pro. I have added the script plugin to illustrator from craft edge. How come my drawings will not transfer over to SCAL? "Send to SCAL5Pro" appears in the scripts but when I try to send I get "Adobe illustrator got an error. Apple event timed out." Help would be much appreciated.
pattyvadalia

Cutter: silver bullet pro

Re: Images won't transfer from Illustrator

Postby Gigi » March 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

Be sure you have the nap app turned off. And under Edit>Preferences in Scal, be sure to change it to Illustrator (see insert below.

I don't know what you are importing - images or images with text -- but be sure what you are importing is a vector file and not a raster file. Also, Try saving what you have as an svg and then importing and see if that helps.

Other than that, I don't know as I do not use Illustrator, but others who do may chime in. You can also search the forum for conversations on Illustrator and SCAL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pattyvadalia » March 4th, 2019, 10:32 am

What is the nap app? Thanks for your response. I am set up for illustrator as shown. Nothing works yet.
pattyvadalia

Cutter: silver bullet pro

Postby Gigi » March 4th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Apparently the "nap app" in version of the Mac Book have caused the machine to go to sleep and not finish the function. It may not be in more recent versions of the Mac software, but I know it caused a lot of problems early on with Mac users.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » March 4th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Since it seems to be a problem with the software, I would make contact with SCAL support and see if they can help you. You can find how to do that on Craftedge’s website: http://craftedge.com/support/support.html or email contact info. found here: http://craftedge.com/contact/contact.html they can best help you with your issue.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » March 4th, 2019, 1:40 pm

It could be, Melanie, but it could also be the result of something she is doing in Illustrator that is not transferring. I still don't know if she has tried saving as an svg and then importing into SCAL - if that works. Also, if her images are raster and not vector then they are not going to transfer.

Lots of unknowns for now! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Gigi » March 4th, 2019, 1:40 pm

It could be, Melanie, but it could also be the result of something she is doing in Illustrator that is not transferring. I still don't know if she has tried saving as an svg and then importing into SCAL - if that works. Also, if her images are raster and not vector then they are not going to transfer.

Lots of unknowns for now! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » March 4th, 2019, 5:02 pm

I agree Gigi, we don’t know exactly what the OP is doing in illustrator, or enough info. on her entire process, but even with that, the issue is still with the software not “communicating” between Illustrator and the SCAL script plugin to take it directly from llustrator to SCAL. To me, the best and fastest help for someone with a software issue like this not working, is for them to reach out directly to SCAL support who can best figure out the issue on why she is getting the error. We can spend a lot of time guessing and trying to help, but they are the ones who wrote the script thst is not working. I know we do our best to help SB users, and you always do a great job, but sometimes the best answer is to have them reach out to SCAL when it is someething like this that is an issue with the software because I think they are the ones best suited to provide help with a software issue. They probably need to see her Illustrator file to see what could be causing her issue with the script not working.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » March 4th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Point well taken. :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General