Staggering

Staggering

Postby Lisa Lander » January 23rd, 2019, 10:49 pm

Not sure how to describe this, but as my machine is cutting it seems to be 'staggering'. meaning not cutting at a constant speed. why ? any help or tips greatly appreciated.
Lisa Lander

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 18"

Re: Staggering

Postby Gigi » January 23rd, 2019, 11:43 pm

Hi Lisa -

We need more information. What are you cutting - as in what material and what kind of a design. Are there a lot of nodes? What blade are you using? Do you have other programs open? Have you set the speed in the software or on the machine? Is this a file you h have cut before? The more info you can share the more we can try to help. You can upload the file here if you want someone to test cut it, but I need to know more. If you can take a video of the machine doing whatever it is doing that would help as well. And you can certainly contact Jo as well for support. Just need more info! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » January 24th, 2019, 8:20 am

Also, check the actual blade depth and the pressure being used. Usually, when a machine is struggling to cut something and is “staggering” or “shuddering” the user is often trying to cut something too thick, and/or the blade is to deep and/or the speed is to fast for the media trying to cut. When this occurs, the blade is often getting stuck in the media, and/or cutting too deep and possibly cutting into the mat, etc. if this is the case, you have to determine if you can cut with less blade, less force or pressure, slower speed, multiple cuts, etc. thst is why we need to know all the “details” in order to try to help you further.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Lisa Lander » January 24th, 2019, 4:15 pm

thank you so much for replying. i think i worked it out myself. I was cutting a cursive font in vinyl and had neglected to weld the letters. the blade was lifting the media and getting stuck. as soon as i welded it, it seemed to fix the problem. So appreciative of you helping and being there for us with our problems.love this forum. kindest regards, Lisa
Lisa Lander

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 18"

Postby Gigi » January 24th, 2019, 6:13 pm

That would definitely cause problems - thanks for getting back to us. And had we known that it was a font and you were cutting vinyl that also would have helped us initially. Remember, all fonts are not created equal and do not cut well. Fonts are not created to be cut files - they are created to be fonts. What I mean is that they are all also vector or cut files, but that is secondary - they do not all cut well. It always helps to look at the nodes and see if they will cut well. Some have too many nodes and need to be simplified - or often changed to a different font.

Glad you figured it out. Thanks so much for letting us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General