Making puzzles

Making puzzles

Postby ghouliegirl » January 13th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Hi, I'm a new user (Silver Bullet) and would really appreciate any advice on making puzzles. I'm going to use 120 point chipboard (just shy of 1/8th inch). I would appreciate any advise on velocity ,force and how many passes you think it would take. Also does anyone know what kind of heat press would be good to use for this process. Thanks,Christine
ghouliegirl

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Re: Making puzzles

Postby Gigi » January 14th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Hi - First of all I moved your post to the appropriate section so others might see it as you had it in the crop and challenge section - no problem!

As far as the chipboard you are using, different sites on the internet give it a different mm measurement, but all say it is well over 2 mm and that is beyond what we recommend cutting no matter what. If you can give us the mm setting that would help, but as far as chipboard goes, we recommend a much thinner chipboard with the 60 degree plus blade.

You can send your sample chipboard for us to test if you would like before you make a major investment, but from the limited information we can find on what you shared, it is too thick to cut properly. And puzzles can be very detailed with would further increase the difficulty of cutting a good image if the material is too thick.

I know nothing about using a heat press with a puzzle - have not heard anyone talk of it so have no advice on that. Perhaps if there is someone here making puzzles they will respond.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General