Aligned on screen but not when cut - Print & Cut

Aligned on screen but not when cut - Print & Cut

Postby midgetgem1980 » January 12th, 2019, 7:05 am

Not sure if anyone can spread any light on this for me. All my print and cut designs work perfectly except for two that have borders to the edge.

When i print the whole design including cut lines it all lines up perfectly as on the screen (see photo) but when i come to cut i have a 2mm misalignment at the top and bottom (picture attached). The machine is all calibrated and everything else works perfectly.

TIA

Mel x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midgetgem1980

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum

Re: Aligned on screen but not when cut - Print & Cut

Postby MeFlick » January 12th, 2019, 9:06 am

First, let's clarify which software program you are running, which version, etc. Second, are you using layers to print and cut and when you go to cut, are you closing a layer? If so, is it a layer that would be the most furthest out? I am asking because if so, then this will cause misalignment when going to cut in most all of the programs.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 12th, 2019, 11:43 am

Great questions Melanie. Thanks.

When I look at the first picture (the actual card - it's lovely btw), the score lines actually appear pretty accurate if I look at the points where the corners meet. I hope this makes sense. I would adjust the image as it looks like your print is a little off - not the cut.

You might need to tweak both the cut and the print - will wait to see what your answers are to Melanie's questions!

Keep in mind I am still working on my morning coffee so....... take anything I say with a grain of salt!! My brain is slow to start today! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby midgetgem1980 » January 17th, 2019, 3:32 am

So i figured this this out and thought i'd let you know. When i first purchased the SB, before xmas, i calibrated the laser. Last week i updated my software to SCAL5 pro and that's where the problem lied... It never occurred to me to enter the calibrated X&Y values in the cutter settings on the new software

Mel x
midgetgem1980

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum

Postby MeFlick » January 17th, 2019, 8:24 am

Glad it was an easy fix for you. Yes, you always need to check and make sure your calibration numbers are in whenever you update the software or purchase new software,etc. sometimes they get “lost” . That is why it is highly recommended that you keep them written down somewhere safe (or multiple places.) I have them made with a label maker and taped to my machine plus stored elsewhere.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 17th, 2019, 10:37 am

Absolutely - and a good reminder - I had the same problem when I changed a printer. I totally forgot to recalibrate and it can make a difference. It is always a good idea to double check when changing anything. It takes so little time and saves a lot of frustration! :banghead:

I keep all of my settings saved in One Note - that digital notebook system has been a lifesaver for me and I love it. Great idea, Melanie to also keep it on the machine.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General