question about print and cut

question about print and cut

Postby sewin44 » January 11th, 2019, 9:31 am

I have some digital stamps that came in jpeg. format. I am wanting to make card fronts out of them , with the image slightly to the right, and a cut out of a row of arrows on the left of the image. http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com ... date=false
This is an example of what I am trying to do. Can I do this without printing registration marks? Could I position cutter and cut by origin? Thanks for help!
sewin44

Cutter: 15 silver bullet

Re: question about print and cut

Postby sewin44 » January 11th, 2019, 9:34 am

If you follow the link, it is the eight card down.
sewin44

Postby Gigi » January 11th, 2019, 10:30 am

The short answer I think is yes! :) I dont have time to try it right now, but this is how I see it in my head (scary I know!) Lets say your card front is 5x7 - doesn't matter just using that for an example. Make a box on your mat that is 5x7 and import your image and place it where you want it. Then design your row of arrows to run up the left side (cute idea btw!)

Now you can do a print and cut of the image, but when it goes to the printer, uncheck the box that pops up that has the print info and gives you the option to print the registration marks. Then print. That "should" give you the image and the box (I would print the outline of the box to make it easier.

Then position your print out on your machine with the origin set on the lower right hand corner of the box you drew. Be sure you select WYSIWYG and then let the machine cut out the arrows. I think they should cut on the left hand side of the box . I wish I had time to try it for you but have an appointment this morning. Give it a try. You may have to make some adjustments but I think it will work.

There are other ways to do it as well. You could use origin to cut if you set the origin on the exact spot where you want the arrows to cut - so you would be setting it at the bottom right of the bottom arrow and they would cut straight up - that should work as well.

Good luck - lmk if either of those work. There is no right or wrong - just whatever works best for you and you may need to play with the placement a bit so dont use good card stock until you are sure it's you have it the way you want it. I hope this helps.

Sorry for the rushed reply - fingers crossed!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sewin44 » January 11th, 2019, 10:50 am

This makes total sense! Thanks for the help!
sewin44

Postby Gigi » January 11th, 2019, 11:23 am

You are so welcome. Please lmk how it goes!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General