Whoo Hooo!!!

Whoo Hooo!!!

Postby Angel135612 » July 7th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Okay, this morning, I successfully installed SCAL 5Pro onto my laptop and got it activated (which was a pain as my laptop did NOT want to connect to the internet for some reason). I also successfully sent a design from my laptop to the cutter and cut it out on computer paper. I wasn't going to waste good paper or fabric until I got comfortable using the cutter again. Next step is to test settings for fabric and cutting out fabric for a quilt block and using that in my embroidery machine. That may have to wait until tomorrow, as I still have another project that I'm working on that I want to get complete. If I start working on something new I may not get back to this current project... LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Whoo Hooo!!!

Postby pigtailpat » July 7th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Lemme know your process, this is exactly what I am thinking of for scal5 with the new embroidery import.

Pat
(PS - I just cut DBK stencil plastic for the first time, and with a 45 degree blade - incredible!)
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » July 7th, 2018, 5:35 pm

You two can cheer each other on and encourage others to venture into quilting and embroidery and - well the sky's the limit!! Eager to see your creations, as always! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » July 8th, 2018, 11:24 am

Okay, I missed the part where it can import embroidery. How does it do that? The only way I know of, is to save the tack down or placement stitches from your embroidery software as an SVG, then of course that can be imported into SCAL, since it doesn't matter what the source is or how the svg was created or what shape it is. Depending on your embroidery software, it is a simple step, but still needs to be done in embroidery software, or the digitizer would have had to include the svg with the designs. If I'm missing something, please let me know.
Angel135612

Postby Angel135612 » July 8th, 2018, 11:29 am

So I went looking and on the Craft Edge site, it does say that it will import embroidery format files, but when I try to do that (using SCAL5PRO) it doesn't give me anything. What am I missing here?

Okay, not sure what I did differently, but after watching a video from Scrappy Dew on the new features, I was able to bring in a PES file. This would be nice, to be able to cut out one step of the process.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » July 8th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Glad you got it figured out.

I hadn't tried it so imported a few different PES files and also some HUS - had no issue - just hit import and selected it. What a great addition.

OMG - you just gave me the coolest idea without knowing it (just because I hadnt played with the embroidery files - yet. I have not tried this but am thinking about trying it. If I import the file with "View Outlines only" and enlarge it, I can see the lines of the stitching. So what if I used pens to draw the lines to give it dimension and made a draw and cut out of it. That could be kind of fun - right??

Cannot wait to try it - just need some extra time!

:)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » July 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm

I hadn't thought about that, but that could be interesting. There are so many ideas floating around in my brain right now on different things to try with all the different files I have. Between quilting, embroidery, paper crafts etc... I will be busy for the next 200 years... LOL
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » July 8th, 2018, 4:54 pm

LOL- you and me both!! I just need to catch up around here so I can play! :)

So....I took a little time tonight to play with one of my embroidery files and I am going to have to give my original idea more thought! The lines that I see for the embroidery stitches don't translate into drawing lines. So I could do a print and cut and then contour cut around the image view, but I would have to trace each individual part of the design and then fill it with cross hatching or a pattern to do what I imagined.......

But my mind is still thinking and I am sure there are other options I have just not discovered yet. Determined to figure out something interesting to do along those lines - when I finish everything else! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General