Chicago land area

Chicago land area

Postby stampandmore » April 24th, 2018, 2:42 am

Hello,

Is anyone in the Chicago area that will be willing to teach how to use the SB. I can't seem to get a grasp on importing, and I need to work on a project. Thank you bunches. Claudia.
stampandmore

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Chicago land area

Postby Gigi » April 24th, 2018, 9:37 am

In the meantime, can we try to help? I assume you have been through the learning center classroom. Perhaps if you can explain what is hanging you up we can help here.So please explain what kind of file you are trying to import and what happens. The more you share, the more we can help walk you through this. The software does most of the work when importing so I am wondering if it is a particular format you are having trouble with. Can also do tech support and view your computer and show you how to do it in real time if need be.

Lets see if we can help here first so you can get up and running.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby stampandmore » April 28th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Thank you Gigi. Sorry for the delayed response. Just the outline/box was showing and not the letters in the box. Is a small sign which i would like to cut in HTV to place on a t-shirt. Not sure what I did, but the image now shows up. Now I have to figure out whi my blade is not cutting. I have done some work with it, but i can't imagine it go bad so quickly. I hardly use it which is a shame. Thank you again. I may reach out again in case I may need something else. Thanks.
stampandmore

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 29th, 2018, 12:36 am

You might have had the box checked under view "show outlines only" - just guessing. Glad it is working now.

Blades typically last a long time unless you are cutting plastic and/or the blade is cutting into the mat which will dull it quickly. Be sure your blade holder is secure in the clamp and also that your blade did not chip - which can happen if it hits the mat.

HTV can be challenging to cut. If you have not cut it before, you might want to cut it from the back side - just be sure to reverse your image so it cuts out properly.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » April 29th, 2018, 7:42 am

Gigi wrote:. . .

HTV can be challenging to cut. If you have not cut it before, you might want to cut it from the back side - just be sure to reverse your image so it cuts out properly.

Just to be clear on cutting HTV, there is only one side from most brands of HTV WHICH can cut from as the other side is the “carrier mat” used to transfer the design to the medium. The “shiny” side is the carrier mat and the dull side is the side you cut through. You want to make sure you cut through the vinyl but NOT Through the carrier sheet. It does not take much force to cut HTV. It may even look like it’s not cutting but probably is. You will need to weed the waste vinyl away from the carrier sheet and leave your design. Small items and letters can sometimes be difficult to weed especially if you are new to trying. Take your time. I would recommend using some practice pieces like simple shapes to practice cutting and weeding the vinyl. If you want “visual” help in learning you should be able to google for some videos on how to do. The basics are the same no matter the cutter being used.

When you say it’s not cutting, do you mean not at all or not all the way? Can you tell us what settings you are using?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » April 29th, 2018, 8:56 am

Thanks Melanie for clarifying. You can tell I have not cut HTV!! I just remember sooooooo many conversations about it (which are searchable by the way so hopefully that information will also be helpful).

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General