Further marriage plotter-quilt-embroidery

Further marriage plotter-quilt-embroidery

Postby pigtailpat » January 27th, 2018, 6:47 am

Hello all:

I just wanted to advise that the market is further bringing merges between plotter, quilting and embroidery.

Quilt-Pro 6 has FINALLY gone .svg import! YAY!! This means that .svg images can be used inside this quilt design program, can be colored and used for quilt planning. The quilt design programs are really babies compared to the other vector programs we are familiar with.

The sole remaining program STILL not allowing .svg import is the monster Electric Quilt. They recently came out with a new electric quilt 8 and still have not implemented .svg import. I am hopeful that because Quilt pro has done it, EQ8 will also do it. I certainly apprised them of it.

While I could try to plan a quilt in Illustrator or Corel draw (both of which I know only slightly), I'd much rather do it in a dedicated quilt program that is more familiar with issues known to quilters. I have been waiting for years for these programs to come out of the dinosaur age and allow .svg import.

Quilt-pro is having a flash sale this weekend for 25% off, which I took advantage of. Sale ends Monday January 29, 2018.

Once I am done with my wedding projects, I plan to do an applique project, for which I will need my cougar, as the objects to be sewn are unique, particular, and large. I will have to get really good at blanket stitching, which has been the bane of my existence - but this is why I want to try this project.

I hope everyone is good!

Pat

XXOO
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Further marriage plotter-quilt-embroidery

Postby Gigi » January 27th, 2018, 10:41 am

Thanks for the update, Pat. Am happy for you and others who make such beautiful quilts that you now have the support you have been wanting for so long. Happy Quilting!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General