Silver Bullet Mats

Silver Bullet Mats

Postby creativeexpressions » December 7th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have been going through the learning center videos.
I was wondering, I find that the mats are nice and sticky and hold all media nicely in place, however, it is very difficult to take the cardstock off after cut without curling or tearing the medium. I'm concerned that if I try to use a thinner, for example, text weight paper it will not be possible to remove it without ruining the paper. Is there a special tool that should be used or do any of you have any tips to taking cardstock and paper off of the sticky mats after cutting?

Thanks

Anita
creativeexpressions

Cutter: Silver Bullet

Re: Silver Bullet Mats

Postby Gigi » December 7th, 2017, 3:56 pm

You can search the forum and find all sorts of conversations about this. If you don't want it as sticky you can take a cotton t shirt or cloth and blot over the mat, removing some of the stickiness. Many people have done that. I actually like it super sticky! :) I use a little spatula to release my cuts from the mat. You should never just pull them off anyway. I have cut tissue paper on the mat and removed it successfully - it just takes a lot of patience when it's that thin!! :) I little metal spatula (like you would use for applying embossing paste) or even a thin credit card would work. Just go around the edges and release them and then move inward. You should have no problems.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » December 7th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Another trick is to flip the mat over and pull the mat away from the media rather than pull the media off of the mat. This will help stop the curling and tearing that can occur when lifting off the mat from the top. Also, as GiGi said, a very thin spatula type tool is great for releasing the cuts from the mat too. You can also keep extra sticky mats for when needed, mats not so sticky for other needs, etc. If you do that, you can either mark them or just learn to tell the difference.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby creativeexpressions » December 7th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Thank you so much Gigi and MeFlick!
I will give these suggestions a try.

Have a great evening.

Anita
creativeexpressions

Cutter: Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » December 7th, 2017, 8:38 pm

You are welcome, Anita. You have a good evening as well.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General