using print and cut with digital stamps

using print and cut with digital stamps

Postby sewin44 » July 18th, 2017, 10:09 am

I watched the webinar for print and cut by Rob from Scrappy Dew. It looks like lots of steps right at first, but doable. I am wondering if it will work with what I want to do though. I am wanting to print out a digital stamp, I would need to add registration or calibration marks for print and cut, right? and color it, then cut out only the outline. Another thing I am wanting to do, is stamp with a rubber stamp, color it, and cut out the colored image. I really like the idea of cutting after the image is colored.... it seems easier to color a larger paper, then a smaller image. I've successfully made cutting files for rubber stamps following clever someday tutorial....
and then stamped the cut out image and then colored it, but I would much rather cut it out after coloring! If this would work, could someone point me to a tutorial or discussion, or give me step by step instructions?? Thanks!
sewin44

Cutter: 15 silver bullet

Re: using print and cut with digital stamps

Postby Gigi » July 18th, 2017, 12:44 pm

You would do it just the same - and there really are not a lot of steps once you do it. So let's take a digi image. Bring it into SCAL make the image the size that you want it, and trace it (File>Trace Image) Click on the save jpg image so when you return to the virtual mat, you will have the image and the cutlines. Then print it out on the cardstock you want to use with the registration marks.

Then you can go ahead and color it. Save the file you created so it corresponds to the printed image. Then when you are ready to cut out your colored image, put your colored image with the registration marks on the mat, open up the image in the software and follow the steps to do a print and cut. Make sense?

For a stamped image you would do the same thing - only stamp your image and then scan it so you have a jpg image . Bring it into SCAL and use the steps above. Then you can either print out the stamped image and color on that (I do that using my laser printer just because it is often easier).

Does that help?

I will often cut out the image first so I dont go to all that work and then mess up the cutting when I forget to check some little detail - but it's nice to have the option! Doing it your way also gives you the opportunity to change your mind and , for instance, decide to not cut out the image but put an oval around it instead. Do whatever makes you most comfortable!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sewin44 » July 19th, 2017, 8:31 am

Thank you! I like your reasons to color after cutting out....
You explained everything so clearly and that is exactly what I needed!
sewin44

Cutter: 15 silver bullet

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2017, 9:50 am

Glad it was helpful. Thanks for letting me know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General