Strange looking cut

Re: Strange looking cut

Postby Gigi » July 10th, 2017, 12:57 am

This is hard to follow with all of the back and forth - but will comment on the most apparent things. Dawn mentioned in an earlier post that using the Roland blade with a 1 mm offset will never give you a good result cutting a small circle. So not sure why you are using that one as it is not going to produce a good result. Did you drop the overcut to zero as she suggested?

Since you are able to get good results with the click blade holder and the SB blade (60 degree) and the other 45 degree blade - why don't you just use what works? I love the click blade holder and use it for everything.
If you are concerned about the regular blade holder, you can certainly contact Sherri and see what she suggests. She would probably like to test the holder herself to see if she has issues with it. But in the meantime, since you have found something that works, I would stay with that while replacing the regular blade holder if that is the issue.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mmhockeyfan » July 10th, 2017, 6:30 am

Hmmmm...Can you tell me what's unclear? I'm happy to clarify for the benefit of other users should they happen upon these posts.
Yes, agree with you on the workaround Gigi.
I tried Dawn's suggestion first, which was certainly much easier :) than testing. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby mmhockeyfan » July 17th, 2017, 10:06 pm

Hello All,

I played around this some more and it turns out that the offset and speed were the culprits. I cut a 5/8" decorative circle, flowers that were slightly smaller, and an intricate cut with a Roland 45 degree/.25mm offset blade using the click blade holder at 500. So thank you Dawn and Gigi for your clues/suggestions.
It seems the Roland 60 degree/1mm offset is for cutting large simple shapes at least in my case. I cut a perfect 2" circle using the regular blade holder. That being said, I'm in the market for another regular blade holder and I can't find one on That's Scrap's Website. Are they still being sold?
mmhockeyfan

Postby Gigi » July 17th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Glad you have had success.

As you could probably see from the website, Sherri is in the middle of redoing her store. She may not have everything up there yet. I just emailed her about the regular blade holder and will let you know.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Gigi » July 18th, 2017, 12:58 pm

I did check with Sherri and you can order a regular blade holder - just send her an email. (info@silverbulletcutters.com)

My guess was correct - they are still loading items for the new website so things are in transition. She will be expecting your email.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby mmhockeyfan » July 18th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Thank you!
mmhockeyfan

Postby Gigi » July 18th, 2017, 5:04 pm