templates

templates

Postby Anisa » January 31st, 2017, 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,
Did any of you knows the web page templatemakers.nl? If yes, did you have tried it with the Silver Bullet? How did you do? I have a new machine but so far could not do anything because I am not sure I understand how does works and the tutorials seems to be for those who already knows how it works. Can somebody please tell me if it is similar to the Sizzix. I live in a country where the internet connection is very expensive and not reliable at all and going thru all the tutorial videos has been very painful and expensive. Thanks for any help!!
Anisa

Cutter: 24" Professional Series

Re: templates

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2017, 5:56 pm

First of all, the URL is templatemaker.nl (no s after maker) - wanted to clear that up in case anyone else wants to see it.

I have not been there in ages so just looked. Honestly there is not a lot there unless all you want to do is make containers. At least that is all I saw at first look.

But you can easily use it. Just pick which template you want with the sizes that you want and be sure it is a size that will fit within the cutting area of your machine. Save it as a pdf.

Then open SCAL and import your pdf file. It may be more than one page and you will get a pop up box in the software asking you to select a page. Pick what you want to cut (for the match box there are two pages. I picked page I, let that upload then imported the same file and picked page 2 so both files were on one page).

Then you can save it as a SCAL file so you can just open it up easily next time. I hope that answers your question. You can find a lot of free files of all kinds on the internet and there are also a fair amount of shapes in SCAL itself that you can start with and will not need the internet to cut them.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Anisa » February 1st, 2017, 3:52 pm

Hi Gigi,
thanks a lot for your reply and correction. The reason I liked the templtemaker.nl is the simplicity of input of measurements of the final size of the boxes. It is much simpler to put the final size of the box I need and have it done without having to guess the template size.
Now I am having another problem: there is no way I can put my machine work! I did all is advised but nothing happens :( . I checked the connections and tested to no avail. I tried to connect it to all my three PC and nothing happens! I follow the little instructions online you have and couldn't find any that explains what or how to test it ( sort of Silver Bullet Cutters for dummies). I am getting so frustrated......
Anisa

Cutter: 24" Professional Series

Postby Gigi » February 1st, 2017, 4:30 pm

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? Do you mean that the power doesn't come on? Or if you have something open in the software and send it to the cutter that nothing happens?

Did you click on the test settings in the software ? (see the attached picture).

Also - is the correct com port selected for the device? Have you downloaded the software and registered it. I need more information so I can understand where you are in this process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » February 1st, 2017, 9:26 pm

Agree with Gigi - need a lot more detailed information before someone can helps you troubleshoot your problems. Besides what Gigi asked about already, one common error of many beginners is to forget to put the cutter back on line after setting the origin. If you do that, you won't be able to get the cutter to do anything.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » February 1st, 2017, 10:20 pm

Thanks Melanie - great catch.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General