Cutting with SB 24" for 1 yr and need help to expand skills

Cutting with SB 24" for 1 yr and need help to expand skills

Postby Lynzianne » December 26th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Hi. I have had my 24" Silver Bullet for 1 year now. I have only been cutting vinyl and did purchase the "Gotta Have it All" kit, but haven't used it yet. I feel overwhelmed by beginning other mediums and using the other tools. I have just been using vector images and have never used and SVG. I am wondering, are there good tutorials on using SVGs? Why use an SVG? What program do you use with your cutter? I use SCAL 4 and seem to have it lock up fairly frequently. What is your favorite medium to use? What is your favorite tool? Thank you in advance! I just can't seem to find very good tutorials or guidance.... Any help is appreciated!
Lynzianne

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24 Pro

Re: Cutting with SB 24" for 1 yr and need help to expand ski

Postby Gigi » December 26th, 2016, 3:18 pm

There are a lot of videos on here under "broadcasts" and also on You Tube that will show you a lot of what the other tools can do and a variety of mediums. You can also go to www.silverbulletcutters.com and see photos and videos of quite a variety of mediums and tools. An svg is a scalable vector image - so what you have been using is basically the same thing. You import an svg into SCAL and it will cut seamlessly. I don't know what vector images you are using, but I would image they are already svgs. If not, what are you using?

We recommend using SCAL with these machines as the drivers are built in and the machines respond best within that program. We do have users using MTC and that is fine, it is just not our recommendation. SCAL is a very stable program so you may have other programs installed that are interfering with SCAL. Or perhaps it is the format of the images you are cutting. If you are bringing images in and converting them to cut you might have too many nodes being generated that are causing problems - I don't know without addition information.

Again, there are a LOT of tutorials here on the forum, in the learning center and at Silver Bullet Cutters.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General