Yup! 100% sta-flo worked

Yup! 100% sta-flo worked

Postby pigtailpat » November 21st, 2016, 3:00 pm

So I finally tried cutting fabric stabilized with nothing but 100% sta-flo liquid starch. You just dunk it in the liquid starch, let it air dry, and press with it with iron when it is almost dry.

I tried cutting an applique today in this way, and it worked almost perfect. One of the pieces of fabric was a tad thicker, so I needed to raise my blade just a tad - as the act of moving the blade and positioning etc. would dislodge the fabric. Obviously I know dunking in liquid starch and then waiting for it to dry isn't the most convenient way, but it sure is cheap!

And Gigi, your tip of making the mat the same size of the media (for WYSIWYG cutting) works for almost everything - even when I do origin point cutting. I make the mat the same size of the media to be cut, so I am assured I have enough media. When working with fabric, sometimes you are working with such itty bitty pieces of fabric, so you want to make sure you have enough for the design to be cut. This is definitely the way when cutting with fabric.

I am waiting for some pin anchors to arrive in the mail, and when they do, I'll be using today's cut to experiment more with machine embroidered applique.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Yup! 100% sta-flo worked

Postby Gigi » November 21st, 2016, 3:49 pm

You have done great things with fabric, Pat. So glad you are having so much success... AND...that it seems to be getting easier and easier. Thanks for sharing your journey with fabric as I know it is helping many others!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General