No PORT listed on PC

No PORT listed on PC

Postby lakerliz » August 26th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Hello everyone...I just purchased my Silver Bullet 13" and am trying to set it up. After connecting my PC which is running Windows 7, there is no PORT tab in Device Manager. I tried "show hidden devices" and still no luck. Please someone help me!!!! I'm desperately trying to print my wedding invitations, and I feel so much pressure to get them started.
lakerliz

Cutter: Silver Bullet Professional

Re: No PORT listed on PC

Postby Gigi » August 26th, 2016, 11:24 pm

As we tell everyone, you should never try to learn this machine with a deadline looming over you. It just puts more pressure on you - and there is a learning curve.

I don't know of anyone still running Windows 7, but here is what it looks like in Windows 10.

Assuming you are running SCAL 4, what happens if you allow the software to find the port automatically - just set it to auto - can you get a connection that way?

Apparently some running Windows 7 with the Cougar had to go to usb ports to see the com port. Here is a thread that talks about it. There are other threads listed there as well to refer to. The forum is searchable so you might even find other thing, but hopefully this will help. Here is one of several conversations about it... viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3141&p=63831&hilit=usb+port+in+windows+7#p63831

If it doesn't, contact Craftedge, the software developer. Brandon is great with support. But hopefully something others have tried will help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: No PORT listed on PC

Postby Suzan » August 28th, 2016, 9:59 am

The machine is connected to the computer. I only ask this, because that is what happened. I thought both ends were connected to find out after about an hour of ranting it wasn't.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to General