Warning!

Warning!

Postby janrichards » July 30th, 2016, 6:21 pm

I have spent countless hours over the past week and more paper than I care to think about trying to cut the pieces of my Christmas card. I tried everything I could think of and then finally noticed that the items on the left side of the mat cut fine but those on the right did not. This lead me to closely inspect the cutting strip and discover that it was gouged on the right hand side! OMG I have never been so relieved and so mad at myself at the same time. Don't know how it happened but I have ordered a replacement and can't wait to get going again.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: Warning!

Postby Gigi » July 30th, 2016, 6:41 pm

You scared me Jan!! I had no idea what you were going to warn us about, but the machine was the furthest thing from my mind!

I am sorry you wasted material, but so very glad you found the problem and took the necessary steps to solve it. Thanks for sharing. And glad it was an easy fix!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby janrichards » July 31st, 2016, 12:10 pm

Sorry Gigi didn't mean to scare you I was just so surprised after owning and using the BC cougar and now the SB I have never heard of this or had it happen. It's one of those things that should/could frustrate someone into giving up and moving on, but the stubborn German in me had to figure it out. Just wanted everyone one to know to check there if they are having problems.
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby Gigi » July 31st, 2016, 1:14 pm

No worries - I love that you were determined to figure it out. Good for you. And thanks for sharing. Would never have guessed it was the cutting strip!

And I am so impressed that you are working on Christmas cards already - great planning. I am still trying to accept that tomorrow is the first of August! Time is flying by way too quickly!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General