Purchasing a Silver Bullet

Purchasing a Silver Bullet

Postby mini1too » July 26th, 2016, 11:17 am

Finally, the wait is over and I'll be purchasing a Silver Bullet. I have a few questions:

What extra blades should I consider purchasing to cut card stock, matte board, vinyl and paper? I'd like to have additional blades on hand just in case.

I'll be purchasing a 24" Silver Bullet so I'm thinking it might be helpful to have a smaller cutting mat 12 " or 18". Would this be useful?

Are there any plans to come up with an updated Silver Bullet in the near future?

I see they are coming out with wireless version of Electronic Cutters. Will a wireless version of the Silver Bullet be available in the future?

Thanks,
Maribeth
mini1too

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Purchasing a Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2016, 11:23 am

Some of these questions are for Sherri - but will answer to the best of my ability. As for wireless, Sherri and Dawn have been unhappy with the quality or lack thereof of a wireless cutter so have not produced a machine with that - yet. As for new machines, you need to direct that to Sherri - not sure what she wants to share yet - but no new consumer machine to date.

If you want to cut mat board, you will want to order the 60 degree plus blade and I always get additional blades - just in case. The "Got to Have It All kit" is great for getting the engraving, embossing etc tools as well as about anything you would need to start up. The details are on her website.

Smaller mats are a personal preference. I have the 18" machine and have several small mats, large ones and in between. If I am just cutting some small elements, I like grabbing the smaller mat - but that is totally user preference - no right or wrong...
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mini1too » July 26th, 2016, 11:32 am

Gigi - Thank you for your quick reply. I email Sherry.
mini1too

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2016, 11:56 am

You are very welcome. You can call her as well. She is, of course, the best resource!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby mini1too » July 27th, 2016, 11:32 am

Sherry answered my questions yesterday. I've had my heart set on a Silver Bullet Cutter since 2013 and finally placed my order this morning. Now I just have to make space for my newest tool and find a computer. Super excited to finally be able to make my ideas a reality. Let the learning commence!
mini1too

Postby Gigi » July 27th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Congratulations! You were just approved for the Learning Center so you can get a head start on the learning!

Enjoy - :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to General